Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
A.T.E.
A.T.E. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-300, FBReader
Am I choosing correctly?

Hello Everybody,
I have signed up in this forum as I am considering buying an e-book reader.
The reason is that I spend most of my Internet time reading things, and also because I like to read books sometimes: too much time in front of a LCD screen, too much time with my noisy and warm notebook on my lap.
I have been browsing this and other sites, and so far my idea is to buy a Sony PRS-300 or a PRS-505, if a find a good second hand deal.
Reasons: price, availability, epub and calibre compatibility, and "brand".
I have installed calibre on my computer to better understand what would be my life with the new gadget, I have been using the calibre reader, and the impression is positive.
Some questions:
1. reading your forum I see that some people say that 5" is too small and that 6" is necessary, while others say it does not really matter. As I have not had a chance to test any ebook reader, I would like to learn more about this. Has anybody who has bought a 5" later regretted not having a bigger 6" screen?
2. those who bought the PRS-300, what were your reasons to choose that? has your user experience confirmed that?
3. I have downloaded news with calibre and read them in its viewer. The epub file contains hyperlinks that I can click with the mouse. Can the Sony 300 do that?
Thanks to all who will take the time to answer these newbie questions.
A.T.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi A.T.E. and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a 505 for over two years and really like it. In fact, were (God forbid) I to lose it, I'd want another 505 vice any of the other models.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome brown.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	48535 to Mobileread, A.T.E.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
HI & welcome to MR.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
choosing ebook reader, help choice, sony 300, sony 505, sony e-reader