Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Broken Cybook - Cheap

I've got a broken Cybook I want to sell off. The only thing wrong with it is the On/Off button has broken. Apart from that, it's in good condition and will work if the button is fixed. If you're an electronics wiz and can get a new button assembly and can fix it, or if you want to see if you can get service from Bookeen, or even if you want to use it for parts, this could be a good deal for you. I have a button that may work.

Asking $40, as is. Shipping is extra, but should be around $15 anywhere in North America. Will quote a accurate price before shipping. If you're interested, post here, PM me, or email me through the forum controls. Paypal only!

Last edited by Xerxes; 01-28-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I think some readers may be wondering if the unit can "somehow" be turned on/off - for example, with a paper clip or something.

What version is this? (How much RAM, etc.)

Does it include AC charger, USB cable, etc. that came with the unit.

I might be interested in this, depending upon the answers.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-23-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Melongasoil
Melongasoil began at the beginning.

Device: None
I Xerxes,

I'm very interested in your faulty Cybook; i've sent you a private message.

Thank you!!!
Melongasoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'll concede to Melongasoil.

He has no Reader, and it's important to get ebook Readers to Members of MobileRead who have yet to "Taste The Thrill of ebooks."

Let us know, Melongasoil, how things work out.

Sincerely,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Melongasoil
Melongasoil began at the beginning.

Device: None
Wow!

Thank you very much, Don!

To tell the truth, i got a PRS-500 reader, bought from one of the forum members a month ago (thanks Will!)... but it's faulty too, and it seems almost impossible to fix (bad nand flash). I think it will be easier to fix a button (if it's just that) than trying to understand how to flash a nand from U-Boot (i already did the hardest part: soldering and building a working UART cable).

I'll let you all know how everything goes with Xerxes' Cybook.

Once again, thank you, Don!

Lazaro.
Melongasoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Xerxes
Addict

I'm so sorry, I had a purchase pending since like a hour after posting. But incase he doesn't follow through same things I told him about Cybook Gen3.

Quote:
I asked all these questions before I bought it broken. I used the volume up button, which also need to be soldered back into position, to test it. I can power it on, and it will stay that way until the battery dies. But then you have to unscrew and power it back on once charged. It needs a much more permanent fix to be enjoyable. It's kinda of a small connector and I don't want to mess it up. I don't have the skill set. So rather than leaving gobs of solder on the board I'd rather put it in capable hands.

The button I bought online may work but there is two buttons that need to be put on the board. At first I was going to put the volume up button where the power button is because I was not going to be playing mp3s. I really liked the Cybook for it's reflow abilities. Shame really; what I saw once I got it charged and powered on was pretty good and would of worked well for manga like that picture.

When I bought it, I was told that when he pushed the power button one day it broke and fell into the system. He didn't have another button and was leaving that up to the buyer. I had hoped I could fix it.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I'm so sorry, I had a purchase pending since like a hour after posting. But incase he doesn't follow through same things I told him about Cybook Gen3.
Should I mark this Ended then?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Should I mark this Ended then?

BOb