Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
John1997
Enthusiast
John1997 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
Jetbook Lite 0.15 is great

It solved the problems I was complaining about with the JBL. I got engrossed in a book last night and read until well past my intended bedtime. The JBL is now a very nice reading experience.

Thanks to the folks at Ectaco for getting this out.

And has anyone noticed that Barnes & Noble books are now in pdb rather than epub? I had purchased and downloaded a book earlier and it came down in epub format. Last night I checked and was able to bring it down in pdb. I wasn't offered a choice, mind you, it just happened by default.

Interesting.
John1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Wow, I just tried that with a book I bought from B&N last month (Epub only), and it pulled down a pdb rather than an Epub. Wonder if that'll be the case for ALL B&N books now??
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
Wow, I just tried that with a book I bought from B&N last month (Epub only), and it pulled down a pdb rather than an Epub. Wonder if that'll be the case for ALL B&N books now??
I think it is, because the B&N BlackBerry app does not yet support ePub. When all their apps support ePub, I assume they will switch back to ePub.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Why they cannot sell ebooks in both formats - ePub and pdb?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Why they cannot sell ebooks in both formats - ePub and pdb?
They could do so, but so far as I can tell they are in a soft transition from eReader to ePub. There are advantages to a single format, and ePub seems to be that format for B&N. If you come back in 6 months, my guess is that there will be no eReader ebooks left at B&N. FictionWise and others will likely still be selling eReader, but at some point new titles will stop being converted to eReader and the format will die out.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
They could do so, but so far as I can tell they are in a soft transition from eReader to ePub. There are advantages to a single format, and ePub seems to be that format for B&N. If you come back in 6 months, my guess is that there will be no eReader ebooks left at B&N. FictionWise and others will likely still be selling eReader, but at some point new titles will stop being converted to eReader and the format will die out.
It is not good for people who use blackberry and smartphones to read books in eReader format.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote