Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does the read have to start in 2010 or end in 2010?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #62
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I think both should apply
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #63
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I've read the first two chapers of my "Foundations of American Education" textbook. Fun, huh?

Been too busy with family and traveling to read more. I get car sick reading on my laptop in the car, plus the glare is horrible. Now you know why I want a reading device. I have other (fiction) books in my Sony, Kindle for PC and Barnes and Noble readering programs on my computer, but just couldn't read them beause of traveling.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #64
kcnightfang
kcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-900 but selling to move to and Ipad
My first eBook on a reader will be The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien to christen my PRS-900 whenever it arrives. xP
kcnightfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 AM   #65
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Currently reading The Undercover Economist by Tim Harford.

I have no formal economics education (as far as I remember) but this book is accessible as well as entertaining. Recommended.
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 AM   #66
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Martha Quest by Doris Lessing.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #67
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
First book read in 2010 - Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas, then Covet by J R Ward, Street Game by Christine Feehan, Neuromancer by William Gibson. I'm anxiously waiting for book 4 of the Eragon Series as well and still reading the EBB/Robt Browning letters and planning on reading Battlestar Galactica by Jeffery Carver. Last but not least (for the near future) Does anyone have an eBook copy of Raiders of Spanish Peaks?
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:48 AM   #68
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My first book of 2010 was The Night Bird by Catherine Asaro. A Romance/Fantasy in about equal measures.

Now reading Quanty by Darrell Bain.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #69
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The Time Traveler's Wife was a wonderful novel. Now I'm waiting for the DVD to be released (Feb. 2010, last I heard), to see what kind of job Hollywood did with it. Some say that if you haven't read the book, the movie will lose you.

Sometime during 2010 I plan to read Her Fearful Symmetry.
If you have read the book, you'll wonder how well they adapted it considering it really is a complicated story (great, but complicated). I loved it, but I adore the book, so.. Nobody should see the movie without reading the book first IMHO, you'd get lost.

I saw the movie at Xmas, although I really did not want to see it. I don't regret seeing it, I think Bana and McAdams did a great job as Henry and Clare. Tell me what you think when you get the DVD.

Last edited by aceflor; 01-03-2010 at 05:03 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:00 AM   #70
robkat
Connoisseur
robkat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
"Equal Rites" by Terry Prachett.
robkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:43 AM   #71
ifatfat
ifatfat doesn't litterifatfat doesn't litter

Device: Apple Ipod Touch, Sony PRS-505
Stephenie Meyer's New Moon...
ifatfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #72
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Got my reader for Christmas and read Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Finished new years eve. I had downloaded a bunch of free classics and made it my goal to read one classic for every new book I read. So New Year's day I started Robert Louis Stephenson's Kidnapped.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #73
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Finished Nineteen Eighty-Four yesterday and started The Great Gatsby.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #74
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I finished "Alone in the kitchen with an eggplant" yesterday - essays on cooking for yourself. Varied and interesting.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:20 AM   #75
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
I finished up "Going Rouge" and "Protect and Defend"
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote