Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #31
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
Is it possible to read epub books that I download from the New York Public Library on my Jetbook Lite? Adobe Digital Editions says I can copy it to any device and for something I downloaded today says it will work until February 1st, but when I copy the file to the memory card on my Jetbook it seems to say there is only one page and it is blank. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to read library books?
AFAIK the jetBook and jetBook Lite with the latest firmware can open B&N and ereader/fictionwise DRMed ebooks (requiring the buyer's name and credit card number to unlock the books). Adobe DE is a different kind of DRM that is not (yet?) compatible with the JBL. We live in hope that the good folks at ECTACO will do some magic deal with Adobe and allow us to read library ebooks on our jetBooks.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #32
kirbinster
Enthusiast
kirbinster began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
The Jetbook folks told me that it can't do it -- period. If you want it to work you have to strip the drm stuff out.
kirbinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #33
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
According to tech support today:

Quote:
Now we will be working on ePub books.
Current version of Jetbook-Lite supports free ePub books, but doesn’t support DRM ePub. We will try to fix it in the next updates.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #34
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It's only logical that ecTaco would want to fully support the formats of one of their
partners, B&N in this case. Plus, adding support for a format that has been adopted
by so many public libraries, is just common sense.

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; How do you ask the forum moderator(s) to create a sticky for something
like "Firmware/Patch Updates" so that everyone will have a thread to check on
and find the latest firmware or patch updates? This is instead of stumbling
across it mentioned in a thread like this.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #35
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
P.S.; How do you ask the forum moderator(s) to create a sticky for something like "Firmware/Patch Updates" so that everyone will have a thread to check on and find the latest firmware or patch updates? This is instead of stumbling across it mentioned in a thread like this.
I support that idea, especially since Pavel from ECTACO is now posting to this forum. He will be able to give us the link whenever there is a firmware upgrade for the jetBooks. I've been playing around with my Lite tonight (upgraded to .15) and the unlocked ereader books look fantastic! Thanks ECTACO
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #36
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I would see it as a thread where discussion about what needs to be in the next
update and speculation about what is coming would probably fill the time between
the update releases. I do hope that Pavel can take the time to drop into the debate
as he seemed to be the most helpful Ectaco poster over on their forum.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #37
Pavel85
Banned
Pavel85 began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook-Lite
ECTACO releases updates for Jetbook 1-2 times a year considering Customers' opinion and development of modern technologies.
Updates are available on www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php
Also You may email to pavel@ectaco.com to be added to mailing list of notifications. So you could get updates as soon as they are available.

Last edited by Pavel85; 01-15-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Pavel85 is offline   Reply With Quote