Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
raymondchen625
raymondchen625 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
How to delete notes effeciently?

I've made over 200 notes for one book. When I need to delete them, I found they must be deleted one by one, which is so annoying. I can view the notes in eLibrary software, but I'm not able to delete them there.

Is there anyway I could do this more efficiently?

raymondchen625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondchen625 View Post
I've made over 200 notes for one book. When I need to delete them, I found they must be deleted one by one, which is so annoying. I can view the notes in eLibrary software, but I'm not able to delete them there.

On the reader, get to where you see the list of notes and press the option button again. There will be another option to "Delete Notes" and all notes will be deleted after you confirm.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
AndreiC
Enthusiast
AndreiC began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondchen625 View Post

If you only want to delete some notes you can do this more efficiently like this: just find the XML on the card or in the internal memory - you can find it just by doing a search in the contents of the files there (search for a word that you know is inside one of your notes) and delete the items in that file.

That is just a basic XML file, you should be able to find your way around it even if you are a non-technical person.
AndreiC is offline   Reply With Quote