Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Robert Williams
Connoisseur
Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Storms of Eternity - FREE ebook on Smashwords

Hi everyone,

As a promotion, I am offering up my science fiction novel, The Storms of Eternity for free on Smashwords. As they say, it's for a limited time only, so check it out while you can.

When I released Storms in 2005, it received a very favorable review from the sci-fi website sffworld.com, where the reviewer called it "a strange, melancholy tale of science fiction that is both thought-provoking and satisfying in its own right."

The website later did an interview with me about the book. Here's the link.

I had my first booksigning in a real bookstore with Storms. Good times.

The book was also nominated for a Spectrum award, for Best Novel, in 2006. Here is the back cover description. I hope you'll check it out. Also, if after reading it, you feel so inclined to leave an honest review, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mike Rhoades, Reese Patterson, Josh Carter and his twin sister Jen are inseparable friends, but they each have a secret they cannot share with the others.

All that changes, however, during a sailing trip down the Alaskan coast, when they are struck by a violent storm. After the winds clear, the friends find themselves lost in a nightmare landscape where clouds cover the Earth with eternal darkness; roaming gangs stalk the unending night seeking victims, and two militant factions battle to rule the devastated land by any means necessary.

Mike, Reese, Josh and Jen are caught up in a fight for their lives, freedom, and their very humanity as they are drawn towards the inhuman being that has brought them into this apocalyptic future for its own enigmatic plans.
Robert Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 AM   #2
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Thank you for sharing your work Robert.

Have downloaded and added to my TBR list.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks for the link. I usually don't read Science Fiction but am happy to try your book
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thank you so much... I have downloaded of your book and added it to my to-read-list...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Thank you for the link
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Robert Williams
Connoisseur
Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!

columbus, Kattie's cat, lene 1949, Latinandgreek, thank you all for downloading it! I hope you enjoy it.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Robert, once I actually get to it on my reading list (I went a bit wild with uploading books) I will give you feedback on your book. Free, uncensored and completely ignorant of any rules and restrictions of SF
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Robert, once I actually get to it on my reading list (I went a bit wild with uploading books) I will give you feedback on your book. Free, uncensored and completely ignorant of any rules and restrictions of SF
I just got the kindle app for PC, so I know what you mean about uploading books. I have plenty of paper ones as well. I hope Storms makes a good introduction to SF for you!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #9
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I downloaded the sample, Robert. It looks intriguing.
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Thanks MaMiller! Hope you like it.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Hi guys,

I have now had almost 500 free downloads of The Storms of Eternity. Just wanted to let you guys know that the free giveaway period will soon be ending. To give everyone enough time, this Sunday 12/13/09, I will change the price structure on Smashwords to "Set your own price." That way if you liked the book or if you still want to read it, you can keep it on your reading list. I'll keep it at "Set your own price" until the end of the year. After that it will go back to the regular price. Thanks to everyone who is reading it!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Just changed to "Set your own price" today! Be sure to download a copy while the special is on! Reviews are appreciated!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #14
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Well, I guess there must be something special about Christmas. After ten days of slow sales, I have "sold" (at set your own price, so really given away) almost fifteen copies of The Storms of Eternity. Thank you to everyone who has picked it up! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:54 AM   #15
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Williams View Post
Well, I guess there must be something special about Christmas. After ten days of slow sales, I have "sold" (at set your own price, so really given away) almost fifteen copies of The Storms of Eternity. Thank you to everyone who has picked it up! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
If someone said to me: Here's a brand new LCD TV worth $10,000, but I want you to have for whatever price you want to pay... I would probably say $1...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote