Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
kressg23
Enthusiast
kressg23 began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader, iPhone
Just updated firmware, now can't read DRM'd mobi books

Hi all,
I just installed the most recent firmware on my Astak EZ Reader and while I expected the mobi PID to change, it does not tell me what it changed to. Crap!! I'm right in the middle of a book now and just downloaded 8 more before installing this new firmware. I hope I'm just being dense and it's right in front of my nose, but the message I get when I try to open these books is "Not support DRM file type". I had no problem reading DRM'd mobi formats before... maybe I need to go back to the previous version... ugh. Thanks for any help.
kressg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
As I understand it, the newer firmware supports Adobe DRM and cannot support mobi DRM at the same time (licencing restrictions I am told)
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
kressg23
Enthusiast
kressg23 began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader, iPhone
Thank you. I'll reinstall the last firmware then. I should have done better research.
kressg23 is offline   Reply With Quote