Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #361
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Is a Bible easy to read on the Kindle? I bought a book that offered many verses and whenever I would try to go back I found that the Kindle itself lagged so much that I wished I had a paperback copy again. It may have only been a few seconds but in a church theyd already be on the verse and halfway done.
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #362
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I think it depends on both the Bible file and the ereader itself. I use a Bible that (I think) I found through this forum for free (A KJV) and it reads fairly well on my K3 and was quick to go to the needed book, chapter and verse. I use it in church on Sundays with no real problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Is a Bible easy to read on the Kindle? I bought a book that offered many verses and whenever I would try to go back I found that the Kindle itself lagged so much that I wished I had a paperback copy again. It may have only been a few seconds but in a church theyd already be on the verse and halfway done.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #363
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
I like the DVJ options that osnova's Bibles have. OTOH, I've lately been using YouVersion and PocketBible apps on my iPad in church. Frankly, I find them easier to work with when moving between scripture references. Plus I can have multiple versions showing at the same time.

Even so, I still have my K3 with me... just in case.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #364
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
I do use my own Bible publications at church and Bible study. At times I switch between versions to see the same verse in different translations and do it while people are still opening the passage in their paper Bibles.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #365
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I've never read the Bible in the original language (I don't know how to read anything but English), but the history behind it is interesting.
I don't know Greek either but I've bought a couple of books and lexicons to study. I've learned the alphabet and some basic stuff so far. If I only had more time.

Actually, all OSNOVA publications are done first and foremost for me and my family. So, if you can't understand why I have published an old English thesaurus, a Bible, NT with Strong's markup, and a children's book, it is because those are our current interests.

Last edited by osnova; 04-23-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #366
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Another collection of Christian works.

Available at the OSNOVA Store, Amazon US,
Amazon UK, and Barnes&Noble for Nook

This publication is a collection of the memoirs, treatises and important sermons and essays of Jonathan Edwards, the greatest American theologian and philosopher, a contemporary of Benjamin Franklin, who was educated at Yale University, served as the president of Princeton University, and whose sermons such as “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God” sparked the Great Awakening in the eighteenth-century America.

The Kindle edition from OSNOVA™ includes the text of the two paper volumes of the Works of Jonathan Edwards, featuring an excellent formatting, active tables of contents (a short and a detailed one), transparent structure of the collection of works, a “5-way controller” navigation between books, chapters and sections, and a cross-reference system between the Collection and the included Bible. All these features make it easy to navigate to any section of any work of Jonathan Edwards within seconds.

Last edited by osnova; 04-23-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:56 AM   #367
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Makes sense. First and foremost most of us spend time on things we find of interest I think. Just human nature at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
I don't know Greek either but I've bought a couple of books and lexicons to study. I've learned the alphabet and some basic stuff so far. If I only had more time.

Actually, all OSNOVA publications are done first and foremost for me and my family. So, if you can't understand why I have published an old English thesaurus, a Bible, NT with Strong's markup, and a children's book, it is because those are our current interests.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #368
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown’s Commentary on the Whole Bible

Available at the OSNOVA Store, Amazon US and
Amazon UK

Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown’s Commentary of the Bible has stood the test of time and remains the preeminent evangelical expository commentary of the Scriptures. It provides verse-by-verse exposition of most Bible passages in insightful, accurate, succinct, and easy to understand articles. Charles Spurgeon, the Prince of Preachers, wrote about the JFB Commentary the following:

It [the JFB Commentary] contains so great a variety of information that if a man has no other exposition he would find himself at no great loss if he possessed and used it diligently.

OSNOVA’s Kindle edition offers the excellent formatting and navigation that Christians have come to expect from OSNOVA Kindle publications. The OSNOVA Kindle edition incorporates an active table of contents, a joystick navigation between chapters and books, and a cross-reference system between the commentary and the included Bible (with Direct Verse Jump 2), which makes it easy to locate any place within the Commentary or the Scriptures in seconds. The table of contents allows navigation to any chapter of the Scriptures, with the hyperlinked dot to the right of each chapter leading to the corresponding place in the Commentary. Each title and each verse number in the included Bible is hyperlinked to the corresponding passage in the Commentary, and each reference in the Commentary is hyperlinked to the corresponding passage in the Bible. The complete instructions on how to use all navigation aids in this publication are found at the beginning of the book.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #369
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

I have just posted a free Kindle edition of the SBL Greek New Testament (OSNOVA edition with DVJ) at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1603355
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #370
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

I've redone the Youtube tutorials. Don't judge my videos too harshly -- I am not competing for the Oscar.

DVJ-2 Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHsrhETAMOQ

TOC and 5-Way Controller Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAdMbKm3Ozg

Bible Commentary Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE9foAh7ZRI
Old 07-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #371
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Nice job Illya. I thought you might illustrate the difference between DVJ-2 and DVJ-1. The camera work is nice.. I appreciate that you have the camera fixed in place.. much easier to watch than the hand-held jobs that bounce all over the place.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #372
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Thank you so much. I focused on DVJ-2 because Amazon has not yet fixed the search bug with Kindle 3. I am relegating DVJ-1 to an unadvertised feature because of this. Too many people complained to me of the bug, and yet I am powerless to fix it.

BTW, somebody did a promo video for my store and I have no idea who did it See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ92axacyfI
Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #373
speedlever
Fanatic

Ah, I see.

Hey, nice promo video too.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #374
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Amazon has put OSNOVA on a black list and warned of termination. If you have been my loyal customer, please help.

Read the details at http://osnova.com/2011/07/30/amazon-v-osnova/

Their accusations lack even basic details that I could address in order to defend myself. As you know, OSNOVA was always about quality and raising the bar in the Kindle publishing, instead of rock bottom prices. They keep 65% of the price and here is their "thank you"
Old 07-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #375
speedlever
Fanatic

What in the world is this all about? I've had no issues with any of your publications.

Are you aware of any returns and/or complaints about quality issues? If so, they've certainly escaped my attention.