Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Bebook Mini is available for pre-order

I just discovered that Bebook Mini is available for pre-order from mybebook.com. According to the webpage it will be in stock Oct 7.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 AM   #2
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
WoW a whole £20 cheaper then the original Bebook, Personally I wouldn't trust Endless Idea's release dates the way they've conducted them selfs thus far concerning release dates and lack of information.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I noticed in the accessories it doesn't mention the inclusion of a case. Could be an oversight in entering info on the page.

I just like that on 1st Sep it was announced the mini's were being shipped and would start selling within 48 hours....now it is pre-order....and it is the 18th....and they arrive 7th Oct.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I noticed in the accessories it doesn't mention the inclusion of a case. Could be an oversight in entering info on the page.
Yes, I noticed that as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
WoW a whole £20 cheaper then the original Bebook, Personally I wouldn't trust Endless Idea's release dates the way they've conducted them selfs thus far concerning release dates and lack of information.
Never knew 1 pound was 4 euro... It's €90 cheaper than the BeBook1...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes, I noticed that as well...

Never knew 1 pound was 4 euro... It's €90 cheaper than the BeBook1...
Huh? 1.00 £ = 1.11186 Euro
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #6
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Yep my bad, was thinking in ££££ not euros
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
I sent an e-mail to Bebook asking if the case was included and got the following answer: There is no case included. We will introduce them a.s.a.p. on our website.
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest getting an Astak PocketPRO (in black or white) as they are the same hardware, comes with a case and is shipping now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
Is there a way to order the PocketPro from Europe? I thought they shipped to the US / Canada only. (I'm not quite ready to buy, but had assumed that if I wanted this reader BeBeook mini would be my only option.)
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
You can buy from other countries via: http://www.astak.com/ezreader/step1.asp
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #11
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27 View Post
Is there a way to order the PocketPro from Europe? I thought they shipped to the US / Canada only. (I'm not quite ready to buy, but had assumed that if I wanted this reader BeBeook mini would be my only option.)
Yup you can order it from Europe. I'm in the UK and preordered one which I got a few days ago.

Just keep a couple of things in mind. The total cost to you is going to be little higher then at first glance.

Pocket Pro = $199
Shipping to EU = $40
VAT = £21+8 = €30

While you may get lucky and not get charged the VAT, you should plan for it. So the total cost is going to be €180 which is a good price, but not as much of asaving as it seem at first glance.

Still it is good deal when comparing to the Bebook mini and the Cybook Opus which are €199 and don't include a carry case, which Astak include as standard.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just so everyone knows, RobertB did mention that they didn't know if they were going to continue to offer International ordering long term so if you want one you might want to order soon just in case (plus the $199 price is only good this month).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:02 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Yup you can order it from Europe. I'm in the UK and preordered one which I got a few days ago.

Just keep a couple of things in mind. The total cost to you is going to be little higher then at first glance.

Pocket Pro = $199
Shipping to EU = $40
VAT = £21+8 = €30

While you may get lucky and not get charged the VAT, you should plan for it. So the total cost is going to be €180 which is a good price, but not as much of asaving as it seem at first glance.

Still it is good deal when comparing to the Bebook mini and the Cybook Opus which are €199 and don't include a carry case, which Astak include as standard.
I didn't find €10 worth the trouble for ordering internationally. (I payed €200,35 for mine, €1,35 for shipping )

$199 + $40 = $239 = €162, add €30 VAT, that makes around €190 (at the current dollar price)
Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 AM   #14
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I didn't find €10 worth the trouble for ordering internationally. (I payed €200,35 for mine, €1,35 for shipping )

$199 + $40 = $239 = €162, add €30 VAT, that makes around €190 (at the current dollar price)
Actuall its nore, as I made a bit of amistake when comparing it to to the other modles avaiable

The Cybook Opus is €250 + Delivary in Europe and and the Bebook Mini is showing as £190 including Shipping but the Cover is £20 extra so a total of £210 / €234 which is a bit more of a difference, between €50 to €70.

For that Extra you do get a EU warrenty which may be worth more for some people, but I'm pretty happy with with what Astak has offered
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Actuall its nore, as I made a bit of amistake when comparing it to to the other modles avaiable

The Cybook Opus is €250 + Delivary in Europe and and the Bebook Mini is showing as £190 including Shipping but the Cover is £20 extra so a total of £210 / €234 which is a bit more of a difference, between €50 to €70.

For that Extra you do get a EU warrenty which may be worth more for some people, but I'm pretty happy with with what Astak has offered
It's not more for me. If I had ordered in the US, from Astak, I'd have paid at least €190. I'd have gotten a cover extra. I now paid €201,35, didn't have a cover, but got a warranty in my own country. And I've had extra costs before when I ordered something from outside the EU, which I didn't count on.

For me, those €10 are worth it.

And £170 is about €189. So, it's €10 cheaper for you anyway.