Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
bagobones
bagobones began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300 + kindle 1
Google eBooks on PRS-300 (Mac)?

Just got my PRS-300 today and I'm enjoying it so far, but I must be
missing something obvious.

I'm on a Mac and I installed the eBook Library 3.0 software, but I can't
figure out how to view/download any Google eBooks.

According to the Sony website, I should see a "Search Books" input
field which also has a "Google Books" icon next to it. But I can't find
this anywhere - I just see a "Search Store" input field. Am I totally
missing something?

FYI, here's the help page from the Sony site:
http://ebookstore.sony.com/google-ebooks/

Thanks!
bagobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Go to the ebook store. On the right hand side of the main page there is a graphic that says "Unearth a Classic" Google books. Click on that and you'll pull up Google Book Search (you be prompted to log in if you aren't already).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
bagobones
bagobones began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300 + kindle 1
Ah, I knew it was right before my eyes!

Thanks!
bagobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
You can now also download ePubs directly from Google Book Search. If the PD book you're looking at has an ePub format (most are PDF, but quite a lot are ePub, too and they're adding more all the time), you can click on 'download' and choose 'ePub' for the format.

No need to go through the Sony software anymore, although doing so will weed out all the non-ePubs. Whatever works for you.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Also the Cool-Er book site has a Google book search (not sure if it limits to ePub or not).
http://www.coolerbooks.com/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert