Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Which unavailable ebook do you want most?
Watership Down (1972) by Richard Adams 11 7.69%
The Last Unicorn (1968) by Peter S. Beagle 5 3.50%
Fahrenheit 451 (1953) by Ray Bradbury 30 20.98%
The Martian Chronicles (1950) by Ray Bradbury 7 4.90%
Master and Commander (1969) by Patrick O'Brian 9 6.29%
Ender's Game (1985) by Orson Scott Card 12 8.39%
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) by Arthur C. Clarke 11 7.69%
The Name of the Rose (1980) by Umberto Eco 13 9.09%
The Sound and the Fury (1929) by William Faulkner 3 2.10%
As I Lay Dying (1930) by William Faulkner 6 4.20%
Magician: Apprentice (1982) by Raymond Feist 10 6.99%
The Diary of a Young Girl (1947) Anne Frank 10 6.99%
The Maltese Falcon (1930) by Dashiell Hammett 8 5.59%
Stranger in a Strange Land (1961) by Robert A. Heinlein 10 6.99%
The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress (1966) by Robert A. Heinlein 9 6.29%
Catch-22 (1961) by Joseph Heller 18 12.59%
The Haunting of Hill House (1959) by Shirley Jackson 3 2.10%
Finnegans Wake (1939) by James Joyce 5 3.50%
To Kill a Mockingbird (1960) by Harper Lee 20 13.99%
One Hundred Years of Solitude (1967) by Gabriel Garcia Marquez 4 2.80%
Rebecca (1938) by Daphne Du Maurier 9 6.29%
Lolita (1955) by Vladimir Nabokov 11 7.69%
Atlas Shrugged (1957) by Ayn Rand 11 7.69%
Interview with the Vampire (1976) by Anne Rice 6 4.20%
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (1997) by J.K. Rowling 33 23.08%
The Satanic Verses (1988) by Salman Rushdie 8 5.59%
The Catcher in the Rye (1951) by J.D. Salinger 12 8.39%
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1971) by Hunter S. Thompson 6 4.20%
The Once and Future King (1958) by Terence Hanbury White 5 3.50%
Other -- tell us in your post. 35 24.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #61
Jaro
Jaro began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505,pocketbook 602
Neverending story from Michael Ende
Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
I am embarrassed to say that I have only read half of the books on that list!
I actually badly want 1984 now that Amazon and the publisher have decided to take it away lol.
The Amazon and the publisher did not decide to take it away. It was an illegal upload. It wasn't removed because the publisher wanted it gone. It was removed because it was not allowed to be there in the first place. There is a legal copy of 1984 in the Kindle Store which you can purchase and read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #63
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
You can also find 1984 and Animal Farm on the net for free. They are out of copyright in PD+50 countries but still in copyright in the U.S.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please note that the book is called "Nineteen Eighty-four". If you search for "1984" you will not find it .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #65
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
I voted Rebecca then realized there was an "other" option... oopsie... Anyway, I'd love to find The Time Traveler's Wife. I saw a preview for the upcoming movie and it looked really good. Which made me automatically want to read the book bc the book is always better.
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #66
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I'd like to add- I, Robot by Asimov, We The Living & Fountainhead by Ayn Rand; Frenchman's Creek & The King's General by Daphne Du Maurier; All the Harry Potter books; all of Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time books; Desperado by Rebecca Brandewyne; Angel by Johanna Lindsey; Perfect by Judith McNaught and the Angelique series by Sergeanne Golon to name a few.

Last edited by Tattncat; 07-22-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #67
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Hey Tattncat,

I, Robot is available (at least at Amazon, I don't know about Sony) and We the Living is in the public domain.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #68
stevetuf
iRex iLiad enthusiast
stevetuf began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
I would welcome anyone being able to point me to a copy of the Pinsky translation of Dante's Inferno
stevetuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #69
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Some Graham Greene would be nice...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #70
lmittell
Enthusiast
lmittell began at the beginning.

Device: K2, K3, Jetbook Lite, iPhone4
Strunk and White! Need I say more?

Larry
lmittell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #71
Feylamia
She-Giles
Feylamia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Noah Gordon's "The Physician" - I'l be a very happy puppy the day I find that in the Kindle store.
Feylamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #72
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
You can also find 1984 and Animal Farm on the net for free. They are out of copyright in PD+50 countries but still in copyright in the U.S.
really? i can't find it...
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #73
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I'd like "The God in Flight" by Laura Argiri to be available as an ebook. as well as "As meat loves salt", which is a slightly dark novel. i always have mixed feelings about dark novels.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #74
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
The Quincunx: The Inheritance of John Huffam by Charles Palliser
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #75
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Old threads today, huh? I would like to see a fully notated version of The Canterbury Tales. It would probably have to be pdf, i suppose.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote