Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #46
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Did we move from 100 to 50?

I've got 15 done so far...my challenge is to read a book a day this month. So far so good!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #47
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I've made it to 20 and I've nearly finished 21. The incentive of return dates on library books is helping me keep going.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #48
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I've totally missed this,I've been neglecting mobilereads FAR too long !

I have WAY too many unread ebooks(many are classics,that I've read before,but want to re-read) on my reader-but I've also got a bunch of "regular" books.So I'll be mixing both. I have to doublecheck my goodreads,but my guesstimate is that so far this summer (since Memorial Day) ,I've read about 20 books (regular) and maybe 10 ebooks (I need to do a much better job of adding my ebooks to my goodreads). I'll log in there and fill in a status report here. I think I'm on track to read about 60 books over the summer,including that I'll probably read at least 10-15 books when I am officially on vacation in August.....
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #49
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
I've totally missed this,I've been neglecting mobilereads FAR too long !
Welcome back ... and it's not too late to join in the challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
I have WAY too many unread ebooks(many are classics,that I've read before,but want to re-read) on my reader-but I've also got a bunch of "regular" books.So I'll be mixing both. I have to doublecheck my goodreads,but my guesstimate is that so far this summer (since Memorial Day) ,I've read about 20 books (regular) and maybe 10 ebooks (I need to do a much better job of adding my ebooks to my goodreads). I'll log in there and fill in a status report here. I think I'm on track to read about 60 books over the summer,including that I'll probably read at least 10-15 books when I am officially on vacation in August.....
I'm reading both eBooks and paper ones. I'm in an online book swapping group and I have to keep up with the books I owe to other swappers.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #50
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Finished 5 of 25, Roadside Crosses

Going kind of slow. I didn't factor in my wife's retiring and or moving in to the equation.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #51
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Finished 19/20. I am well on track. Not bad for working/taking a course/moving! August, when all of that is done, will be a breeze.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #52
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well rats, you blew my "We have been moving" excuse.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #53
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
This morning I lay abed and finished reading Gone with the Nerd by Vicki Lewis Thompson. I'm now 7/40. Yay!
Two more to add to the list, both paperbacks: The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library, 3rd in the Haunted Bookshop mysteries by Alice Kimberly and Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon. Godmother was a wonderful read and I'm so very glad that I stumbled upon it at Barnes & Noble a week ago.

I'm now 9/40. Will be flying on Wednesday and Saturday, so that will give me plenty of time to get some serious reading done.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #54
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I've made it to 25 - half way! Thought I was going to slow down but I haven't been sleeping well ... plus sitting outside reading instead of inside using the computer during the day
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #55
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
Was trying to do a count,and its been maybe somewhere between 30-50 books.Towards the end of May I went on an adding binge,and added a bunch of books that I had read since May,as well as some that I had read years before that.By my best guess,I would say I have read about 40 books or so,since Memorial Day,maybe about 15 since 6/21 . I have 10 or so "current" reads, plus another 18 to read,and that's without counting the back log on my ereader.

If any of you are on FB or Goodreads- my list is there (on Goodreads,and also GR on FB.)

Cheers !!! Happy reading !!!
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #56
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
I'm way behind schedule, at some point I'm going to have to finish like 3 or 4 books in a week to catch back up. I need a vacation. Another book down, I don't know which one is going to be up next. I still have another chapter or two on Stiff but the later chapters are quite boring and I almost don't want to finish it, its like cough syrup I just have to hold my nose and swallow.

Completed 6/25
Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch Series 009 - Lost Light
Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch Series 010 - The Narrows
Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse Series 001 - Dead Until Dark
Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse Series 002 - Living Dead In Dallas
Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse Series 003 - Club Dead
David Price - The Google Story

Current Reads
Mary Roach - Stiff, The Curious Life of Human Cadavers
Owen Linzmayer - Apple Confidential 2.0
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #57
benham
Guru

6 of 25 Below Zero by CJ Box. Excellent!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #58
Elsi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I'm now 9/40. Will be flying on Wednesday and Saturday, so that will give me plenty of time to get some serious reading done.
Finished reading The Ghost and the Femme Fatale by Alice Kimberly on Tuesday night as we were driving from home to Paris (TX) to meet up with online friends who were passing through. Then finished reading Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich on the flight to NYC from Dallas. I had bought Fearless Fourteen before we took off -- lovely to have the Whispernet on my Kindle -- and am now just a little way into chapter four. And at supper last night, I read the first four chapters of Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) by Jerome K. Jerome -- the MobileRead Book Club book for July.

Yes, flying is good. I've now read 11 of the 40 I set as my summer-time goal.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #59
benham
Guru

8 of 25- Immoral by Brian Freeman and Twelve Mile Limit by Randy Wayne White.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #60
ruth1304
Addict

I've made it to 30 - but things are now slowing down as my life gets busier. Have had to choose between MobileRead and reading this week and reading won. Now I have been distracted by my computer again!