Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Phishstyx,
Pen issues in V1.5 you would be scribbling away and then it would stop responding. All you could do was hit the restart button. Since I got it back and V1.6 has come out too, I haven't had the problem.

In the end they emailed me to say they were replacing it as the motherboard had a fault and it was going to be used for the advancement of science

regards
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #17
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
I experienced the exact same situation. iRex replaced the motherboard. The pen bug didn't disappear until 1.6 though. Round trip from Louisiana to Germany and back was 2 weeks.
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #18
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
I experienced the exact same situation. iRex replaced the motherboard. The pen bug didn't disappear until 1.6 though. Round trip from Louisiana to Germany and back was 2 weeks.
It sounds very quickly. Is there any cost to replace the motherland?
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #19
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I assume you mean "motherboard"?

It should be free as long as it's under warranty. iRex pays for the shipping as well as the repair costs.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I assume you mean "motherboard"?

It should be free as long as it's under warranty. iRex pays for the shipping as well as the repair costs.
Thanks very much. And could you tell me how long the irex warranty is? And if I don't buy the DR from the irexshop, instead from a retailer, do I still have such warranty? (it is like a silly question, sorry)
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I believe it's a one year warranty, and is valid whether you buy it directly from iRex or from a retailer.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #22
yingwu
Addict

Thanks, Shaggy.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #23
adi
Enthusiast
adi began at the beginning.

Device: irex digital reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
Thanks. This is good to know. I will see how my case goes.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #24
windspeedo
Enthusiast
windspeedo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000, Kindle 3G, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
I'd try an external charger first. Plug in, wait around 10mins. Hit the reset & see if that works else try once more. If still no luck, then raise a ticket with iRex.

I've found them helpful and if it does need to go back, it is a relatively smooth process.

Howard
Your method is good.
I could not open my iRex DR1000S after normal shutdown and there are half battery. No response to USB connection or charger. No response to reset.
I have to charge it for several minutes as you suggested, finally it could be started. The battery still display two blocks. It's strange.
windspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #25
adi
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone ....

The reader is finally working. I left it alone for about two weeks since I was traveling. Came back, decided to check the reader once more before raising the ticket and voila, it was working.

Maybe it just needed some rest after the frenzied reading spree ...
Old 07-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #26
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi View Post
Thanks everyone ....

The reader is finally working. I left it alone for about two weeks since I was traveling. Came back, decided to check the reader once more before raising the ticket and voila, it was working.

eReaders need vacations too I guess
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #27
yingwu
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi View Post
Thanks everyone ....

It looks funny......no comments.....
Old 07-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #28
adi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
It looks funny......no comments.....
I know. Maybe, it is just waiting for the warrenty period to end