Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #346
adeve
adeve began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
hmmm... I should win as I'm probably the last person to enter this competition and I don't have any reader yet.
No PDA, no multifunctional phone (I have a simple Nokia I can call and SMS with.) -only a laptop. So I keep buying more and more pocketbooks and had to buy a new bookshelf to store them in. This bookshelf barely fits in the house - I have no more space left for yet another one, unless I kick one of the teenagers out and I'm already enough of an Evil Stepmom as it is...
Old 06-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #347
clarter
clarter is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
I want to enter!

My wife has a Kindle 2 and I love it's portability!
I'm a rabid bibliophile and It's the perfect Paperback replacement.
Please help me keep my bookshelves from collapsing!

clarter
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #348
VetteLady
Love to Read
VetteLady began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500; PRS-505 Silver, IPod Touch 1st Gen
I would like to enter the contest. Why should I be the lucky person....well...hmmm...can't think of a good reason why...but also can't think of a good reasons why I shouldn't be the lucky one. I'm like a good Boy Scout and like to be prepared. After all, what if my current reader dies while I'm in the middle of a cliffhanging chapter of my book!!! OMG, how could I survive?? My poor husband might not survive the fallout if that happened!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #349
khang
khang began at the beginning.

I would love the Kindle 2 for its wireless capabilities!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #350
zork40
zork40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'd like to enter. I should win because old fashion books can be heavy to cary around and I am exceptionally lazy.
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #351
gyuen
gyuen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e505
Hello,

I'd love to win one since it'd be so much nicer than reading on my computer.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #352
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I would like to enter this contest.

I am sure I am not original in my reason for wanting to win a free reader, but I must put it in here per the rules. I want to win because I am sick and tired of not being able to download the free books that Amazon.com offers. SO I simply must have a kindle so I can take advantage of more free books. I will be allowing my voracious 10 year old daughter read on this new reader as well. SHe has taken an interest in my sony and it simply cannot happen I would die without it, so she must get one of her own.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2009, 02:17 AM   #353
Perdy50
Perdy50 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Please include me in the giveaway contest. I should win, because I am the newbie around here. I came in search of advice as to which of the e-Readers I should buy if I get one. Then my husband decided to buy me an iTouch for our 7th wedding anniversary so I would be able to read my books on it.

Why an e-Reader? Well, when we retire, we want to do FULLTIME RVing instead of sitting around the house. With my macular degeneration giving me a hard time; lugging all those large print books around is gonna make having clothing in the RV a hard thing to have. So an e-Reader is the way to go.

Oh, and why a second e-Reading device; one for the RV and one for at home. That way I can grab it (either one on the go).

Finally, with Macular degeneration, the font size and type has to gradually be enlarged or changed up for a font that is readable by eyes slowly going blind.

The device I want --well, I haven't decided yet but I know my 2nd one will be the winner's prize and the retailers in the U.S.A. carry most of the devices listed in the contest rules.

All I know is LARGER font size is better for me and some of the books I read don't come in LARGE PRINT, so an e-Reader will make that happen for me.

Thanks ya'all and good luck. May the best person win!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:06 AM   #354
Havndrup
Havndrup began at the beginning.

Device: none
I should win the ebog because it would be the perfect gift for my beloveded boyfriend for his birthday. He would not see this coming . He always talks about how an ebog would help him so much in his studies at the university and I would have already bought him one if I had had the money for it. But I don´t since I myself am a university student. I study Biology, so I a also think that using an ebog is a very environmentally friendly way of reading.
I would like the ebog: CyBook Gen3
Old 06-26-2009, 05:20 AM   #355
tcottonjr
tcottonjr began at the beginning.

Came here during a search for free material for Kindle DX, and just found out that there is a competitor, albeit heavier, from Sony. Thanks for opening my eyes to options, and I plan to stop back even if I do not win As for why I would like to win a Kindle 2 as it would allow us to gain some space in our house back which is lost to bookshelves and perhaps also save us on library fines if we get absorbed in a book and forget its due date

Last edited by tcottonjr; 06-26-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:49 AM   #356
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

I am entering the contest because i have been dying to get a kindle.I should win because I absolutely love to read and have been saving all my money to buy one but am still a long ways off to complete for one.If I were to win I could use that money to buy kindle books!My son also wants one but this is the case where I would be very greedy if I were to win.It would be totally hands off!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:27 AM   #357
Magmao3
Magmao3 began at the beginning.

Device: none (yet, but hopeful!)
My reason for entering this give-away for an e-book reader?
Well, I live at the 'END OF THE EARTH', really I do! New Zealand seems to be the place furthest away from all the e-book readers. On top of that: NO SUMMER HOLIDAY! It's soooo cold here at the moment, but also very beautiful with the snow on the mountains.
I have been reading Mobile Forum for more than a year, almost daily, to do research on finding the best E-book reader for my needs.
I am homeschooling my three children here and we speak Dutch, English, French and German. It would be great to be able to download Dutch books from the Internet, instead of paying fortunes to postage from Holland, and to read the e-books to my children in front of the warm fire place.
As far as my choice of e-book reader: well, the only one that is officially available here would be the Endless Ideas Bebook1, because they are happy to send it from Europe to the End of the Earth.
Thanks so much for this opportunity to win an e-book reader and your forum is an excellent source of information. Keep it up with the latest developments on e-reading.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #358
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Mee too mee too mee too!

I'd love winning a nice Sony 505 for my wife... :-))
Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #359
Olympus
Connoisseur
Olympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket & Bookeen CyGen 3
Gadget Geek

I enter the contest too because I want my children to notice that I'm a cool dad with an highly advanced geeky gadget and yet still uses the oldfashioned brick-phone instead of latest iPhone 3Gs
Old 06-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #360
VDR928
VDR928 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Yes, please enter me in the contest! Honestly, I would love to win a Kindle for my husband. He has been through prostate cancer, surgery, radiation, a knee replacemnt, salary cut, & having to take a week off without pay this year! He is a great man who raised 5 children working 2 & 3 jobs all of his life. I don't recall him ever actually getting a "break" or winning anything. Still, his attitude is one of pride for his children's accomplishments & no self-pity. He has trouble with his vision at 58 & I would love to give him a nice present like the Kindle. I think he would love it.
Closed Thread