Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #46
Tomoe
Tomoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
Might not be completely useless, as it seems that some of the Kindles use the same screen.

Have you seen that article about hacking a Sony screen to fit a Kindle? Obviously this would work in reverse.

Conundrum, if you are addressing me, yes, I've researched fitting a screen from another device to the PRS-505, but it seems only the same-generation screens would match. I got a nook and thought about switching its screen into the 505, but it won't work. Until I get one of the new Sony models (350 most likely) I'll have to do with the nook. After enjoying the 2nd generation screen of the nook and its level of contrast, I can't go back to 505/Kindle 1 murkiness.
Tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:07 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoe View Post
Conundrum, if you are addressing me, yes, I've researched fitting a screen from another device to the PRS-505, but it seems only the same-generation screens would match. I got a nook and thought about switching its screen into the 505, but it won't work. Until I get one of the new Sony models (350 most likely) I'll have to do with the nook. After enjoying the 2nd generation screen of the nook and its level of contrast, I can't go back to 505/Kindle 1 murkiness.
Pearl is the 3rd generation eink screen. The screen on the 500 was the 1st generations. Vizplex is the 2nd generation and Pearl is the 3rd generation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #48
zaino26
zaino26 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
Hi, I live in Mexico and recently found a PRS-500 in a flea market but it's not functioning. The main card is broken at the earphones extreme and the metallic covers are damaged. However, the screen, battery and memory slot are in good conditions. I wonder whether you could provide me with the rest of the device at a cheap price. Please do the sum and tell me how much would it cost to mail it to Mexico City. I'm a voracious reader and would love to have a functioning e-reader, but here in my country there are not many options to get one at a reasonable price.
zaino26 is offline   Reply With Quote