Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
Mandos
Mandos began at the beginning.

Device: BlackBerry
PDF multicolumn

I have scientific pubs in multicolumn PDF that I would like to be able to read in .mobi format on my BB, and being a Linux user Calibre seems to be my only realistic option. But I can't seem to get Calibre to interpret them correctly. Is there a way to do this? Or another piece of software I should use? Or another PDF viewer on BB other than the annoy default one?

(Multicolumn meaning 2-column.)
Mandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandos
But I can't seem to get Calibre to interpret them correctly. Is there a way to do this?
No. There is a feature request in the bug tracker for this but when/if it gets implemented is any ones guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandos
Or another piece of software I should use?
You can use either ghostscript's gs command or image magick's convert command to turn the pdf pages into images. Then crop, split and resize as needed.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert