Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #46
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I think I read earlier in this thread that there is normally a slight gap where the edges of the skin don't meet.

You might want to call decalgirl and ask if they'll send a replacement.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #47
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Decalgirl rocks

i ordered two covers, but one cover was a little bit out of wack, i called customer service & they did'nt give me any grief & just sent me out a new cover.
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #48
Surfergirl
Enthusiast
Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505 (Blue)/PRS-505 (Red)/iPhone 3GS
Beautiful skin from DecalGirl

I've just bought a skin from DecalGirl, and I have to say I'm super-impressed! (I got the Dark Burlwood one - I'll post some pics when I work out how to do it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_mommy View Post
I started in the front, lining up the screen and side buttons perfectly, but by the time I got it around the back, there was a small gap of about 1/8 of an inch along the outside edge where the two ends didn't meet.
Put the front part of the skin on carefully then, when you're on the back half and get to about 3/4 of the way across, start stretching the skin veeerrrry gently as you work your way down. You should end up with a little overlap, which will just cover the front edge of the skin, so you shouldn't get a gap.

You just need to be very careful and gentle, and try not to pull the skin back off to redo anything, otherwise it could get stretched out of shape.

When I post my pics, you'll see that there is no visible gap - in fact, the only way that I can see there is any joint at all is to angle the reader so that the light catches the edge.

Would recommend DecalGirl to everyone! (PS - I'm in the UK, and the skin arrived in less than a week, which is pretty good going).

Irene

Last edited by Surfergirl; 04-08-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: can't spell!
Surfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #49
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Thank you, Surfergirl. Now that I know it can be done, I might have to try another one...
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #50
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Okay, I got my new skin in Humidor. I started from the front and wrapped it around. On the back, I pulled it very gently so it stretched. Once I got back to the outside, I pulled up the starting line and put the front edge over the back, so the seam faced back and not front. Here are the pictures (I hope!):

Last edited by disney_mommy; 04-21-2009 at 08:31 AM.
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #51
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Looks like you got a nice fit! Humidor was on of the patterns I was considering for my blue Reader; it's interesting to see in 'real life'. As it stands now I'm still undecided on what design to get .
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #52
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccadi View Post
Thanks for the pictures Lisreed. Looks real good. Hope mines as good if/when they replace (no answer to my email yet)
Emailed them 15th March

25th April Now and..........Still no reply about defective they sent me

Sent them a comment about there shabby treatment

Last edited by ccadi; 04-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #53
itzmeigh
Enthusiast
itzmeigh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Just ordered 4 skins for Christmas. One each for mine and my Teen's touch then a green one for my sons DS Lite and a orange fish one for my 505. I'm excited!

I'll post some pictures when I get everything covered.
itzmeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #54
hsjwmom
hsjwmom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for sending me over here, itzmeigh! I now have a 505 on the way and then I find this thread...I have 6 skins in my cart and can't choose!
hsjwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #55
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Oooh, I'd been wondering where people get skins from! I've been poking around the site and now I have the urge to put skins on everything skin-able that I own. xD They look so cool!

I think I know what I want for Christmas now, hehe.
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #56
itzmeigh
Enthusiast

I got my skins and got them all stuck on. They look great! I'll be back later to post some pictures.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #57
itzmeigh
Enthusiast

I skinned my reader! And pictures to prove it. So far I'm loving the skin.

Ignore that Sony put my tag on crocked on the back and everything fits perfect!

I found the skins super easy to apply and had no trouble getting things all lined up.

So here are the pictures!

Oh and this was a "custom" skin. One I picked from the artists but that wasn't actually listed as a 505 skin. It still turned out super nice!