Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
The pictures didn't show up. Let's try this again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0296.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	406.4 KB
ID:	25843   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0298.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	25844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0299.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	415.4 KB
ID:	25845   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0300.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	25846  
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #32
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
The pictures didn't show up. Let's try this again.
Thanks for the pictures Lisreed. Looks real good. Hope mines as good if/when they replace (no answer to my email yet)

Last edited by ccadi; 04-25-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: updating
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #33
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

When did you email them? I have only emailed them twice about things I think and usually get a response in 24-48 hrs. I'm sure they will replace it after all its there mistake.

Lisa
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #34
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Looks real nice, Lisa!

Am I correct in assuming the "seam" where the edges meet is on the hinge side of the Reader?
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #35
lisreed
Addict

Nope , the seams meet up on the right side. Wraps around the hinge side.
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #36
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That seems odd; I was hoping it was the opposite so it wouldn't be visible. I guess it must be like that to add stability when applying it because of the cutout for the screen.

Now I'm going to go peruse the designs to make sure of my design choice before I order.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #37
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I couldn't resist ordering two for my silver reader:

By Any Other Name

and Van Gogh "Irises"

Any advice on how to put them on with a minimum of profanity?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #38
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
What do you buy them in the UK?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #39
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
They ship outside USA, too.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #40
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I wonder how difficult it would be glue it to the reader?
Is it a complicated process?

I have never ever done something like that before.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #41
lisreed
Addict

It sticks on the reader pretty easily. Lining it up can be frustrating but after "skinning" a kindle 1 with a bunch of little parts, this was much easier. If you mess it up you can take it off gently and try again. The adhesive comes off easily from the reader and leaves no residue if you decide you don't like it .
Old 03-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #42
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Impressed

I just got skins for my wife's and my 505. They look great and the quality is excellent. Two thumbs up from here! I chose the bones pattern for my silver reader, mainly for the color match. Now I have this urge to read a few more Steven King novels!
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #43
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Any chance we can persuade you to upload a few pics? I'd love to see how it looks. Was it time consuming to put on?

I'm waiting eagerly for my skins, but am a little nervous about putting it on. I might have to find a 12 year old kid to help.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #44
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

I'm hoping someone with a blue Reader posts pics of their newly dressed-up Reader.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #45
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Hello, fellow posters. This is my very first post (though I have been reading the boards for some time), and I need some help.

I purchased a skin from DecalGirl and, while the skin itself is great, I had a hard time getting it right. I started in the front, lining up the screen and side buttons perfectly, but by the time I got it around the back, there was a small gap of about 1/8 of an inch along the outside edge where the two ends didn't meet. The edges of the skin wouldn't lay flat, and it just really bugged me (I'll be the first to admit I'm a little obsessive about the details!).

I peeled it off and started again, stretching it a bit, but now it's stretched out by the screen, bubbled in the back. and just barely overlaps on the outside edge.

I'm thinking about getting a new one. If I do, does anyone have any tips to get it right? Is it possible my skin was a little too small?

Thank you to anyone who can help a newby out!
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote