Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #16
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Definitely my tri-fold cover! I've been thinking about getting a camera strap for it, as I frequently walk around the house reading and I have read far too many horror stories about people dropping their readers.

I love the ziplock bag idea.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #17
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Another VERY important accessory--my New York Public Library Card! I paid the $100/yr non-resident fee, and it's been worth every penny for the huge amount of books it gives me access to. (I also have osme cards to some of the local Northern California libraries, but their selection doesn't compare to NYPL.)

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 03:13 AM   #18
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
A ziplock bag. I can now read walking to work in the San Francisco mist that sometimes includes rain. Am considering whether I trust a ziplock enough to read in the tub.
You can try a vacuum sealed bag. Those would work.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Add another for the Light-Wedge cover. I had settled with using a headlamp in bed and if I rolled over wrong would shine the light in my wife's eyes and scare the @#$@# out of her... The Light-Wedge is perfect for reading in bed.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #20
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
The charger for my PSP, I haven't played my PSP since last year so I'm glad that at least a part of it is still useful to me.
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #21
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
My custom leather cover! It creates the feeling that I am holding a well loved leatherbound classic at the same time satisfying my love for gadgets...a perfect match!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01960.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	892.1 KB
ID:	24898  
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #22
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
My custom leather cover! It creates the feeling that I am holding a well loved leatherbound classic at the same time satisfying my love for gadgets...a perfect match!
WOW!

Nice cover!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
TS-Rick
TS-Rick began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3, iPhone, PRS-505 (Blue)
Nice cover!!
Where did you get it?
TS-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #24
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I had it custom made by an outfit in Calgary. I have a post in the "Anyone Else Draw On Their Cover" thread, but I can't figure out how to link it... Check it out if you are so inclined, there are some pics and the company link. (Note that I am not affiliated with the comapy in any way, Im just happy with the work they did for me.)

Last edited by AlbertaCowboy; 03-03-2009 at 10:54 AM.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #25
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Best device is a magnifying visor with attached light from Harbor Freight. Google for it, only $9.99.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #26
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
The AC adapter/charger I bought for my 505 (even if I did pay full price for it before I found out the PSP charger would work!) and my brand new tri-fold cover, since the plastic hinge on the old cover snapped off!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
mickitaz
Connoisseur
mickitaz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Very Nice! I do leathercrafting and I was thinking of making my own cover. However, I am having issues on the design for it. I like the map of Middle Earth.. hmm... gives me ideas.

I also nominate the lighted wedge cover. No longer do I have to search for where I put my light last. Not to mention, the batteries seem to last considerably longer than those in my Verilux light.
mickitaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #28
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
The PSP charger... And Calibre, and =X='s BookCreator macro...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #29
ttate90303
Enthusiast
ttate90303 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Apple iPad 3, Kindle 3, Nook Simple Touch
For me it's the Light Wedge and a wrist strap - used when commuting via the train, tethered to my wrist while holding on to a bar. I would hate to get bumped and drop my Reader.
ttate90303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #30
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
(1) Calibre
(2) My local library's ebook collection
(3) PSP charger
(4) At-A-Glance zippered cover
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote