Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #121
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It is indeed. The previous poster probably mean the GSM version of 3G; UMTS, is it called? Plain old GPRS, however, (which is available on all GSM networks) would suffice for electronic delivery of eBooks - they are not large files.
Probably, but It many parts of the world, there is little or no GPRS coverage as they have shifted completely to 3G / UMTS, so it makes more sense to put in a more future proof chip.

The cost difference is probably going to minor, especially as I'm doubtful anyone is still producing GSM/GPRS only.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #122
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I guess that I meant the GSM version of 3G And yes GSM would work for plain text but for graphical novels or comics it could be nice to have a litte higher transfer speed and it is allways good to go with the current technology.
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #123
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
So who is getting a Kindle 2 for his girlfriend on Valentine's Day? (assuming Amazon will unveil what we're hoping for...)
Thank god I'm single. I can be selfish lol. Which is why I'll be getting ME one
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #124
Picodot
Picodot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2.0
I hope they get the back order problem figured out. Waiting six weeks for a product is a bit much!
Picodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #125
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I have direct orders to order 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
So who is getting a Kindle 2 for his girlfriend on Valentine's Day? (assuming Amazon will unveil what we're hoping for...)
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert