Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-22-2022, 05:39 AM   #1
DbON
DbON began at the beginning.

Device: calibre 6.5
Convert to PDF without producing a cover

Hi,
as the title says , I want to convert to pdf, but NOT produce any cover.
I am converting to PDF for Amazon KDP paperback. Converting to PDF works very well. HOWEVER, it leaves me with a cover page, which I do not want.
How do I convert WITHOUT producing a cover page ?
( As you no doubt know, Amazon requires a separate PDF for paperback covers anyway ).

thanks in advance,
DbON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just use any of a number of tools that can remove the first page from the PDF.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2022, 07:05 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Edit source in Word or LO Writer with correct page sizes, margins etc and export a PDF from Word or Writer.

I've used the PDF conversion in Calibre and PDF print from Viewer. They are fine for personal use with a source that's only in ebook format. You really need to make a suitable styled WP file and Export PDF for publishing on paper, via Amazon or anyone else.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote