Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-23-2022, 09:56 AM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil-1.9.10 Released

Sigil-1.9.10 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features:

Bug Fixes
  • Fix insertion of id and links when cursor immediately before a closing tag
  • Make sure bundled PySide6 can find QtWebEngine resources on Windows (Qt6)
  • Properly recreate or remove encryption.xml depending on font obfuscating or not
  • Make Qt6 versions of Sigil use their own ini files to prevent corruption
  • treat figcaption as an "other text holder" when prettifying

New Features
  • Redesign the FindReplace dialog user interface to minimize size while adding features
  • Add a FindReplace "Text" only checkbox and support to exclude tags from search
  • Add a Toggle Line Wrap Mode and its support added to CodeView via pop-up menu
  • Add a Dry Run Replace dialog to act as "Replace All" what if. (Shift + Count All)
  • Add a Replacement filter dialog to allow users to delete unwanted replacements
    before applying Replace All (Shift + Replace All)
  • Add a Counts Report to Saved Searches to show Saved Search Group counts by search

For additional information about the new user interface and new tools added to Sigil's Find and Replace see this thread here on Mobileread.com:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346639

Notes:

The only installer that's appropriate for Windows 7 is the installer with "Legacy" in the name.

The latest version of the Sigil User Guide can always be downloaded from the Sigil website, or from its own GitHub repository.

Please check the Sigil website for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.

PGP Fingerprint (for signed tags and source archives):
Code:
B5A5 6206 AB0F BC1A 24EF AB8A A166 D29A 8FCD AC63
All binary (and source) downloads can also be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil-1.9.10 Github Release page.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:56 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Post reserved for future use.
Advert
Old 05-23-2022, 09:00 PM   #3
graylinz
graylinz
graylinz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
My macosx Monterey will not allow me to use Sigil 1.9.10. Says it doesn't comply with Apple configurations. Is there an issue here?
graylinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:33 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graylinz View Post
My macosx Monterey will not allow me to use Sigil 1.9.10. Says it doesn't comply with Apple configurations. Is there an issue here?
Are you sure it's not something like this?
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/issues/588
Old 05-24-2022, 12:28 AM   #5
arborsday
arborsday began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini, E-ink Reader
Search Bar Button Issue on MacOS Monterey

I installed 1.9.10 on MacOS Monterey.
I found that Text of Search Bar Button not shown.

Can I get some solution for that?

I attached Screenshots of Eng UI, Korean UI.
Many Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 1.06.31 PM.png
Views:	237
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	193945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 1.12.18 PM.png
Views:	225
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	193946  
arborsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2022, 05:55 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

New Features
  • Redesign the FindReplace dialog user interface to minimize size while adding features

For additional information about the new user interface and new tools added to Sigil's Find and Replace see this thread here on Mobileread.com:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346639
Old 05-24-2022, 06:11 AM   #7
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
@arborsday: Looking at the widget-close icon, I can assume that you are using the Legacy theme. You need to download a new version of this icon theme so that it also includes the new icons.

You can find new versions of icon themes here:
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/IconT.../2022-05-17-01
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:25 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks @BeckyEbook!
I didn't look any further than "the text is not shown".
Old 05-24-2022, 04:37 PM   #9
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
Quick question about the new "Text" checkbox: if I have something like

Code:
<p>foo <em>bar</em></p>
...should it match when I search "foo bar?" I'd thought it would, but I bet I'm misunderstanding the feature, because it doesn't seem to.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:59 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
no, unfortunately it won't match "foo bar" since "foo bar" is not in the file. The tag intervenes. This is the only way to prevent replace/replace all from wiping out tags inadvertently.

Its main usefulness is avoiding text like class names, alt attribute values, etc. when doing find followed by replace all

Have you tried searching for "foo <em>bar</em> with Text checked? What does that do?

Last edited by KevinH; 05-24-2022 at 06:12 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:48 PM   #11
arborsday

Still have problem with KOR UI Language Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
@arborsday: Looking at the widget-close icon, I can assume that you are using the Legacy theme. You need to download a new version of this icon theme so that it also includes the new icons.

You can find new versions of icon themes here:
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/IconT.../2022-05-17-01
Many Thanks!!!
One thing.... When I set up as KOR UI Language Setting, Still have same problem...

And in terms of Usability, I prefer Button Text than Button Icon because I have to guess the meaning of each button function...

But I believe there are certain reasons for change.
I wish to know why.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.34.48 AM.png
Views:	179
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	193956  
Old 05-24-2022, 10:43 PM   #12
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
There is no valid reason that changing UI would impacts icons. Are you still using a custom icon theme of your own design?

As to why, that was already explained in the link posted in an earlier reply to your question and posted in the Release announcement. Mainly space concerns.

Tooltips make it easy to learn which icon does what. Get used to them, they will not be changed back.

But by properly creating your own custom icon theme you can change them to whatever you want (including text in an svg).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arborsday View Post
Many Thanks!!!
One thing.... When I set up as KOR UI Language Setting, Still have same problem...

And in terms of Usability, I prefer Button Text than Button Icon because I have to guess the meaning of each button function...

But I believe there are certain reasons for change.
I wish to know why.

Last edited by KevinH; 05-24-2022 at 10:46 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 01:35 AM   #13
arborsday

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
There is no valid reason that changing UI would impacts icons. Are you still using a custom icon theme of your own design?

As to why, that was already explained in the link posted in an earlier reply to your question and posted in the Release announcement. Mainly space concerns.

Tooltips make it easy to learn which icon does what. Get used to them, they will not be changed back.

But by properly creating your own custom icon theme you can change them to whatever you want (including text in an svg).

Thank you for your kindness!!
Because Eng is not mother language, I have some problems with understanding everything as my mother language.

Once, sorry for asking again!
I will try to my best to communicate in English as possible as I can!

I checked with Tooltips for Search Bar Buttons.
But, It was quite hard to find what button it is...
So hope to next version showing "Button Title + Description" for consistent of usability if possible.

I attached example for better communication.
It's really good for me to challenge over language barrier!

Please consider add Button Title of Search Bar Tooltip for next version. ^0^

Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tooltip_example.png
Views:	195
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	193961  
Old 05-25-2022, 02:36 AM   #14
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Quote:
Originally Posted by arborsday View Post
So hope to next version showing "Button Title + Description" for consistent of usability if possible.

Even yesterday I also thought about it.
It will not be anything special, because most of the icons on the toolbars are described in this way.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 03:45 AM   #15
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Thanks to everyone involved in the latest release

I think it will take me a little while for me to get my head around the new S&R icons, but I'm sure I will get there in the end.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote