Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-01-2022, 03:19 PM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Kindle Spring Reading Challenge

Starts today and runs through the end of June.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F607A75C-850E-4EF3-9528-D6F3B9168EDF.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	193028

The screenshot is from the Kindle app; I haven’t seen a web page.

Apparently you gather “achievements” by reading and earn “bragging rights.” Wow, how enticing is that? And in exchange for bragging rights, Amazon gets more data.

In fact, I don’t care to what extent Amazon snoops when I’m reading on a Kindle device or app, but I prefer honesty about what’s going on at a minimum. I did wonder if it’d be like the challenge last summer, when you could earn actual credit toward purchases. But no, just the fun of the brag.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
eilon
Enthusiast
eilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura about

Device: Oasis 2017
This is the only one I've found which leads to the Kindle App

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=23760253011

Looks like Amazon wants people to use the Kindle App much more.
eilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #3
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilon View Post
Looks like Amazon wants people to use the Kindle App much more.
When I reset and re-registered my Oasis it wanted my mobile number to send a link to the app. I use it on a mini iPad but have no plans to put it on my phone.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 04:06 PM   #4
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I don't read on the app unless I don't have other options, so it's very rare.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:12 PM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I don't read on the app unless I don't have other options, so it's very rare.
The fine print says you can read on any Kindle device for it to count, but it seems as if you can only access your stats in the app.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2022, 06:54 PM   #6
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
I wish instead of all those annoying recommendations on Kindles, they would show the reading statistics available on the app.

That would at least remind me not to break my reading streak.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote