Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #61
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Free Harlequin On Line books!

Just found the page with the Harlequin online freebies. You can copy, paste, and then use book designer to format and convert. They look great on my kindle! Over 20 full length books available. Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:29 AM   #62
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi,

I'm new here and I'm a romance reader too.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #63
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Hi,

I'm new here and I'm a romance reader too.
Welcome to the forum! What romance do you like to read?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:13 AM   #64
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well,

in my case paranormal and suspense mainly. I've read a lot of historical (Spanish publisher like it a lot grrrr ), but now I read in English, and I can choose what I like.

Ciao

Terisa de Morgan
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:28 AM   #65
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I found this link to the 17 or so freebies..

http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?cid=1317

available in...
Click image for larger version

Name:	downloadpdf.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	30958

Or... Mobipocket, epub, eReader, and MS reader

Main ebook site...
http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #66
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I wish it was easier to get freebie e-book romance novels. I go to a lot of conferences and authors are always handing out copies of their books. I have over 100 pbook romances I haven't read, and that's after doing a major purge! Too bad they don't hand out copies of their books in eformat.

I know, I know, I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #67
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I've just discovered romance novels. Happened upon a Georgette Heyer novel and then started the Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse series. I feel as though I should be reading something more thoughtful - but I just enjoy them so much! Like eating dessert, but without the calories. A similar type of book that also has elements of mystery/adventure/archeology, is the Elizabeth Peters(author) - Amelia Peabody series (maybe about 12-14 books). The series is set in turn-of-the-century England and Egypt. A British family including the non-conventional Amelia, go to Egypt for archeology and typically get caught up in murder, politics and other mayhem.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #68
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I wish it was easier to get freebie e-book romance novels. I go to a lot of conferences and authors are always handing out copies of their books. I have over 100 pbook romances I haven't read, and that's after doing a major purge! Too bad they don't hand out copies of their books in eformat.

No you're not!! This is the 21st century, after all. Those people need to get with the new program.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #69
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I am a HUGE Romance Reader....I've downloaded all the free harlequin books. I have yet to read them though. Luckily all the libraries I belong to pretty big romance ebook collections. I read mostly contemporary romance...not to into paranormal or historical. If anyone has any reccomendations, feel free to share!

Right now, my favorite book to reccomend is Vision In White by Nora Roberts.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #70
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
Hmm, I think I've read almost all In Death novels under the pseudonym J.D. Robb but I've never actually read a Nora Roberts book. How different are those?

Oh, nice, BoB has Vision in White on sale for $9.99. Now the only question is if I should use my Reward Dollars or Gift Certificate to purchase...
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #71
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Hmm, I think I've read almost all In Death novels under the pseudonym J.D. Robb but I've never actually read a Nora Roberts book. How different are those?

Oh, nice, BoB has Vision in White on sale for $9.99. Now the only question is if I should use my Reward Dollars or Gift Certificate to purchase...
Be aware that it is the first in a trilogy. Nora Roberts does that a lot and I've enjoyed all of them. She has a few different trilogies that have a bit of a paranormal bent to them (In the Garden trilogy is one of them), which are released in paperback. She also has books that are more like a romance/mystery/mainstream and usually come out in hardbound books first. I think Angels Fall is her latest. Of course, all of them are available in digital formats but that was the best way I could describe the differences. She is a very prolific writer and her books are always a pleasant read.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #72
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Lol, if I can follow In Death, a trilogy shouldn't be that hard to collect. Thanks for the mini-review. Maybe I'll try reading some of her contemporaries.

It's a really good thing I was able to take part in the BoB promo. There's so many books I want to buy. The Legend of Drizzt books take priority, though, (wee! they're finally available in ebook) so I have less to spend on romance novels. I wish I'd gotten two $60 gift certificates instead of one $60 and one $30...

Last edited by ilovejedd; 06-19-2009 at 09:51 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #73
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If you like J.D. Robb and want to experiment with Nora Roberts, you might want to start with her "romantic suspense" - like Birthright, The Reef, Blue Smoke, Tribute. They're set in the current day, rather than the future. And the books are "standalone", rather than series driven like the "in Death" series. But the "flavor" is the same, with probably more romance in them.

If you like her style, then you might want to try her more mainstream romances, many of which were released in trilogies: the Chesapeake Bay trilogy, the Gallaghers trilogy, the Concannons trilogy. The Bride Quartet series - including Vision in White fits in this category of her work.

Then, if you decide you still enjoy her books, you could start exploring the re-release titles you can find of her early category (i.e., Harlequin/Silhouette) stories.

She's also written some paranormal-type romances (the Key trilogy, a vampire trilogy), and one labeled "horror" by some sites (Sign of Seven trilogy).

She's one of my favorite authors, although I'd be the first to admit there are some books of hers I just didn't care for, but overall, I've found her books consistently enjoyable.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:11 AM   #74
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I am a HUGE Romance Reader....I've downloaded all the free harlequin books. I have yet to read them though. Luckily all the libraries I belong to pretty big romance ebook collections. I read mostly contemporary romance...not to into paranormal or historical. If anyone has any reccomendations, feel free to share!

Kelly, does the San Francisco Public Library have a huge collection of Romance epubs? I'm still trying to figure out how to use the search feature.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #75
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post

Publishers are starting to give out eARCs of their books now. Jane at Dear Author just got a ebook copy of "What Happens in London" by Julia Quinn, and holy crap I am jealous.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote