Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #12616
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
It was pretty nice here, too. The temps were not too hot, and the humidity seemed low. Norton and I went for a 0.7 mile walk. That is to say, Norton walked 0.7 miles. I know I walked at least two and a half if not more, because Norton had to stop at every bush, pole, fire hydrant, and fence to check his p-mail while I walked up and down the street to keep my pace up until he was finished sniffing his messages and replying to each one and was ready to move on.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #12617
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Rumpelteazer, thanks for sharing. That must have been extremely surprising when the ceiling opened up and started the waterfall.

It's finally cooled down some (90F - 32C) and , yippee, it will be down to 72F by 2 am, though it won't cool down much more before it goes up again by sunrise. Luckily, it won't go much over 100F tomorrow.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2014, 11:06 PM   #12618
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Lovely mild pleasant winter weather here - max of 19 today, shower or two, but mostly clear and partly cloudy.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #12619
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It was pretty nice here, too. The temps were not too hot, and the humidity seemed low. Norton and I went for a 0.7 mile walk. That is to say, Norton walked 0.7 miles. I know I walked at least two and a half if not more, because Norton had to stop at every bush, pole, fire hydrant, and fence to check his p-mail while I walked up and down the street to keep my pace up until he was finished sniffing his messages and replying to each one and was ready to move on.
Ah yes. Opal gets lots of p-mail too. She only replies to the ones that aren't spam. But maybe I'll try your "keep walking" technique; that sounds useful!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #12620
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ah yes. Opal gets lots of p-mail too. She only replies to the ones that aren't spam. But maybe I'll try your "keep walking" technique; that sounds useful!
Maybe what we both need is a big old oak tree in each of our neighborhoods at which they can make a single stop and do a "reply to all."
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #12621
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
...maybe I'll try your "keep walking" technique; that sounds useful!
I find doing a military "about face" when I've got up a full head of steam is not the simple maneuver it was when I was nineteen. Of course, I only weighed about 160 lbs. in those days. Now I need some room to turn.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #12622
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
It was some serious heavy rain earlier, but at the moment it's sunny (for now)
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:40 AM   #12623
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It's promising to be another warm day of around 27C. Followed later by heavy rain, thunder storms and possibly hail. The last couple of weeks we seem to have a weather pattern of warm and humid days followed by a couple of cooler days before the temperature rises again.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #12624
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Coolish and damp outside.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #12625
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

We seem to be in for a few days of nothing but rain and thunderstorms. It's overcast and cool for this time of year at the moment. August is scheduled to return sometime during the middle of the week. It rained yesterday through last night. Lake Dubyatee is back and needs to be drained when the rain stops.

I think I'm going to stop telling people that bowl-shaped depression in our back yard is where the pool used to be and start telling them it was where the meteorite struck. It could be the truth. Memory's a funny thing, you know. Who's to say my memory of a pool being there is accurate? Scientists tell us that memory is a constructed narrative that is far more pliable than most people readily admit.

I wonder why that old man ran away screaming after that goo from the meteorite attached itself to his arm?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #12626
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I think I'm going to stop telling people that bowl-shaped depression in our back yard is where the pool used to be and start telling them it was where the meteorite struck. It could be the truth. Memory's a funny thing, you know. Who's to say my memory of a pool being there is accurate?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...p;postcount=18
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #12627
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I was on my way back from the hardware store (known colloquially in our house as "the wood store") and was planning to stop by the grocery store to buy some turkey for Norton and check to see if they had some hamburger on sale when it started raining, so I went straight home instead. Norton had a can of tuna fish, and the rest of us are having pizza because I don't feel like cooking tonight. Apart from the overnight showers this is the first rain we've had all day, which isn't bad, considering that the Bing weather app had been calling for T-storms all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

And who's to say that wasn't photoshopped?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #12628
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Temps in the upper 70s, mostly cloudy and a little damp. There were showers in the area, but they managed to go around us.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #12629
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Quote:
And who's to say that wasn't photoshopped?
Or maybe the meteorite is why the pool isn't there any more. Try landing a meteor in any pool and see what is left!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #12630
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Summer is back this week - after several cool, gloomy, drizzly days - temps & humidity rising into the 90's again ....

At least Hurricane Bertha is giving us a miss ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty