Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #1
CSI_Basel
CSI_Basel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Newbie from Switzerland

Hi
I've been thinking about an ebook reader for a while and I'm leaning to a Sony prs 505. I'd like to actually see one and try it out before commiting myself.

I have a number of .lit files and I wondering how to read these on the Sony reader. Is there a simple conversion tool?

I've been reading this forum all day but there's a lot of information to absorb...

Cheers everyone!
CSI_Basel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Hello Basel,
it can be pretty overwhelming trying to make this decision, i know !

seeing one in person can definitely help. if there is no way to see one in a store, you can check this thread, maybe there is someone living near you who could meet you for a coffee and give you a demo. you can leave a message requesting a meeting in your city.

as for format conversion, you are in luck ! .lit format is one of the easiest and best to convert, because it modifies very little the core html code so it should give good results when converted (retaining formatting, etc.). if the files are drm you will need to google something called ConvertLit (our forum policy prevents us from explaining precisely how to break drm...). if they are not drm, they can easily be converted using calibre for example. calibre is a free library management / conversion tool made by forum member kovid goyal, and if you get a sony i think you'll find it invaluable.

good luck with your decision ! let us know how it goes.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Good Morning and Welcome!

No matter which device you choose, it is a certainty thaat you will soon wonder how you ever did without it.

I've handled a few types of devices at various meet-ups, and they all have something good that distinguishes them. Just make a choice and take that leap. You won't regret it.

Welcome!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi CSI_Basel and welcome to the Forum. I've had a Sony 505 for almost a year now and am very pleased with it. I think you'll pretty much be happy with whatever you choose.

Be sure and let us know what you finally decide.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
CSI_Basel
CSI_Basel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the quick replies!!

I spotted that somone had just got themselves a Cybook 3 and so I took a quick look at it online, seems very nice.

Any questions I'll just post on the regular sections.
CSI_Basel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert