Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
When you look at a list of your highlights in Books, does it go to beginning of book?

When I go to the Notes section, it shows a list of the highlights but instead of having the starting point as the place in the book where I'm at the moment, it shows the highlights starting from the beginning of the book.

I don't recall it doing this when I used to use iBooks about 10 years ago.
Is it just me or are all Books like this?

Another thing is that it only shows a snippet of the higlight so that if it's a little too long it will replace the rest of the highlight as "..."

I also don't recall it doing this on iBooks about 10 years ago.

Is there a way to fix these two problems?

I'm using iPhone 6 on latest iOS.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
When I go to the Notes section, it shows a list of the highlights but instead of having the starting point as the place in the book where I'm at the moment, it shows the highlights starting from the beginning of the book.

I don't recall it doing this when I used to use iBooks about 10 years ago.
Is it just me or are all Books like this?

Another thing is that it only shows a snippet of the higlight so that if it's a little too long it will replace the rest of the highlight as "..."

I also don't recall it doing this on iBooks about 10 years ago.

Is there a way to fix these two problems?

I'm using iPhone 6 on latest iOS.

You had replies in the first thread you started about this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=333913
Advert
Old 10-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Thread closed. Please don’t crosspost.
Closed Thread