Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2019, 01:14 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Dropbox integration

Long time no see, I know.. I have been busy, among other things reading books without even changing the original font (and that should tell those who know me here how busy I have been otherwise) on the same e-reader for more than a year now. No hacking, patching, changing anything. Bref.

I am traveling more often to Canada nowadays and found my way to Indigo of course, and a Kobo Libra found its way to my pocket.

I love it. The first e-reader I am reading on without a cover (JSWolf will kill me) but rest assured it travels in a sleeve in my bag.

To cut a long story short: Kobo experts, how long do you think we shall wait to see Dropbox integration in the Libra? I know it's now done for the Forma (because although I don't post myself, I do read your posts), but I'd love it on the Libra. Not interested in the Forma at all, too big for me, I now need things light and small-ish because of the constant traveling (thus my buying the Libra and passing the oasis on to a more sedentary family member). Kobo has definitely come a long way now, but boy do I miss the possibility to send my books to the device without Calibre (again, traveling very light).
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #2
m-p{3}
m-p{3} began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
They'll probably deploy it to other supported Kobo once they consider the feature stable. Fingers crossed that it reaches the Glo HD.
m-p{3} is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I’d try and find how long before they implemented overdrive support to other devices.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #4
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I believed the Dropbox feature would benefit more users than overdrive as not all regions support it.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #5
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I believed the Dropbox feature would benefit more users than overdrive as not all regions support it.
Right but it’s not a matter of benefiting more users, it’s a matter of Kobo making the Forma more attractive than the Libra to some buyers. This way they can justify the cost difference. It was the same when overdrive was added with the KA1, nothing prevented the older models from having the same benefit except Kobo. In point of fact users who had a KA1 and an older Kobo found that books borrowed on the KA1 would sync to the older Kobos it was only the mechanism of borrowing from the device that was locked out.
Advert
Old 10-02-2019, 10:36 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Honestly, I doubt it. I really think that if you asked most Kobo users what they thought of this, they wouldn't have a clue why it was useful. At best, you'd get a "that's nice", but no real interest in using it. And don't say, "but everyone here wants it". The fact of the matter is that anyone here at MR are not normal Kobo users. We are not really part of Kobo's target market. Or Amazon's or B&N's for that matter. There are far to few of us to be important to them.

As to this function, my impression is that it will not be coming to any of the other devices any time soon. I don't know why. Kobo might view it as a premium function for users of their premium device. Or, there might be a limitation placed on them from Dropbox on how it gets used. Or, it could just be a marketing idiot who thinks this will sell more of the Forma. But, I expect that the next device that gets Dropbox support will be the Forma Edition 2 or whatever Kobo decides to call it when they update the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #7
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If kobo doesn't roll out Dropbox before Xmas I may buy the forma
Old 10-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #8
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
If kobo doesn't roll out Dropbox before Xmas I may buy the forma
Let me be the first to congratulate you on the purchase of your new Forma. Cause I’d be surprised if Dropbox came to other Kobo before a new device.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #9
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you on the purchase of your new Forma. Cause I’d be surprised if Dropbox came to other Kobo before a new device.