Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
basx
basx began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab
Kobo reader app for Android not importing from calibre

Hi all,

I have had this recurring problem with a few books. I plug in my Samsung Tab A (2016) in. Call up calibre and then transferred this book
https://www.llibres.cat/products/385...scarell-7.html

to the tablet. Unplugged it; opened Kobo reader for Android, imported the book. At first the book didn't show up. Then it did but it tells me it's already available in the library. When I search for it, it doesn't show up. I go to the micro SD card and it's there as well. When I click on it I get an error message that there's no app to open epub.

I have the latest Kobo Android app reader version as well as Calibre for Windows 10 (64 bits). I also have the latest version of Apprentice Elf files.

I have had the same problem with my Samsung A 9 smartphone.

Any ideas what's going on?
Any troubleshooting steps I can take to track down what's wrong?
Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks!

xavier
basx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
the kobo for android app has to import books into its own database, before they can be seen read in the app - other android reader apps, like moon do not behave like that.

so calibre can put book(s) onto the device, but it cannot make the kobo app import them. you have to do that manually by opening the app to scan for books that it can import

also, because the app relies on a self-maintained database, if that gets corrupted you are in all sorts of trouble.

try using a different android reader app and see if the problem goes away.
or if you must use the kobo app, carefully study its help files ( if it has any ).

its been a long time since I used that app, I suspect that kobo have mostly lost interest in supporting it, as they no longer sell android devices.
A Alf has no effect on whether books show up or not. it only becomes relevant if books show up but cannot be opened due to DRM

Last edited by stumped; 05-08-2019 at 12:54 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #3
basx
basx began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab
Stumped,

Thanks for the post. How do I manually scan the books so kobo app will properly import the books?
I'll go to their online help and take a look at corrupted databases. See if there are any articles.

I contacted Kobo and basically told me to install Adobe digital edition for android.
Um no

Thanks again!
xavier
basx is offline   Reply With Quote