Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
kuliand
Connoisseur
kuliand doesn't litterkuliand doesn't litter

Device: sony prs505
Sun java documentation convertion to lrf?

Hi im trying to convert the java documentation off sun's website into lrf but so far i have tried calibre which after 90 minutes came back with a list of errors. Now all i did was import the main index.htm file which created a .zip in my claibre books folder and then selected it and clicked convert.

Sun provide a zip of there online documentation here https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-CDS_Developer which is handy, So what method can i use to convert into lrf?

thanks
kuliand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
kuliand
Connoisseur

Well i now have the java documentation in .chm form by using winCHM and i thought i was on the brink of success when i tried ABC amber but when i clicked save as .lrf it says coming soon. So i will continue to try and get it on to my sony reader and report back here.
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 04:02 AM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Just looking at the sizes would suggest that without splitting it into sub-sections, you're probably onto a loser there!

I did give it a quick go by trying to point calibre at a subsection (e.g. java.net.*) but trying with a .zip gave an error msg (missing encoding & specifying it on the command-line made no difference) while pointing it at the java/net/package-index.html (IIRC) had it following links up & out. As I normally only need this stuff on my laptop, I wasn't too motivated to keep digging, I'm afraid!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
kuliand
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Just looking at the sizes would suggest that without splitting it into sub-sections, you're probably onto a loser there!

I did give it a quick go by trying to point calibre at a subsection (e.g. java.net.*) but trying with a .zip gave an error msg (missing encoding & specifying it on the command-line made no difference) while pointing it at the java/net/package-index.html (IIRC) had it following links up & out. As I normally only need this stuff on my laptop, I wasn't too motivated to keep digging, I'm afraid!
Ok so how do i point it at the index.html file when converting?

When i add the directory to the calibre book list by selecting the main index file it creates a .zip in my calibre book directory. But when im converting it i don't get any options all i do is select the book in the list and press convert which i assume just uncompresses the zip file in ram and tries to build the lrf but after 20 minutes i just get a box of error messages.

Is there a way to convert a directory of html files into a PDF on osx? and then i could convert the resulting PDF file into an lrf which be easier.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
I was doing it from the command line using 'html2lrf' & specifying the source that way.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert