Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 07:55 PM   #16
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I did not see it in natural light but only once indoors. its too dark to take a photo but its a white glowing spot. What sucks is my fire 10" has it also I may just live with it for I am so tired of returning ereaders Ughhh
Oh dear, my sympathies! You might be one of those unlucky people who are oobf magnets - a friends who worked for a telco was one too, he had 4 oobfs in a row, all from different manufacturers
Old 11-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #17
JasperBeardly
Enthusiast
JasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I’ve had that happen, and it was just a grease spot from my finger. Try cleaning your screen and see if it goes away. I’m careful now when I eat while I read.
JasperBeardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #18
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperBeardly View Post
I’ve had that happen, and it was just a grease spot from my finger. Try cleaning your screen and see if it goes away. I’m careful now when I eat while I read.
I'll 2nd this. May not help, but a cheap and easy 1st thing to check!
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #19
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I took it to work. In normal light there is no evidence of a spot but in the crappy evening light in my apartment it is visible like little white glowing orbs on the screen
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #20
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Oh dear, my sympathies! You might be one of those unlucky people who are oobf magnets - a friends who worked for a telco was one too, he had 4 oobfs in a row, all from different manufacturers
What are oobfs? Looks like little ghost orbs lol I see 2 or 3 on my H20 but only at home. At work, in my car, outside there is no sign of them. Also my Fire tablet has one of those white orbs only noticeable on the black startup screen.
Advert
Old 11-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #21
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
What are oobfs?
Sorry, Out Of Box Failures
Old 11-24-2018, 11:32 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think it's Out Of the Box Failure magnets

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:48 AM   #23
aigojenjang
aigojenjang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note, Kobo Aura One
I am considering 7" ereader -
Every review I read said that H20 & Limited edition is slow...
Can you guys give me review on sideload epub? How is the load and flip speed?
aigojenjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:11 AM   #24
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigojenjang View Post
I am considering 7" ereader -
Every review I read said that H20 & Limited edition is slow...
Can you guys give me review on sideload epub? How is the load and flip speed?
I convert all my books to kepub before sideloading onto my H2O2 and have not noticed any particular slowness. It seems as fast as my Paperwhite 2, which is my only other reference point.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #25
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I have original Aura H2O. It's fine with ePub via USB from Calibre. Better for PDFs than the old Amazon DXG I have, which I may sell or give away. About same speed as my new PW3 (bought so I can buy Amazon and check my own titles as not just old mobi but also AW3, I don't use kepub as I use a PRS350 for outside the house. The Sony PRS350 is slower and still fine.
Shame they ditched the microSD card slot.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #26
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Oh man. I see white "spots" in the background. Have no idea how that happens. Its not back lit
Kcladyz if you keep seeing them then you probably should return it for another, just to see if you see them again on a different H20. Walmart should be pretty easy for returns. You can just drop it off there and order a new one.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:42 PM   #27
HLS
Wizard

Well the odd glowing orbs have mysteriously gone away. the ghost in the machine apparently exorcised.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:50 PM   #28
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Well the odd glowing orbs have mysteriously gone away. the ghost in the machine apparently exorcised.
It's 'cos they know you seen 'em, they gotta hide now
Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 PM   #29
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
LOL !
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #30
HLS
Wizard

I am loving the device but having trouble deciding what to read. Between all my kobo, kindle, nook, iBooks I do not know what to read next. I calculated that if I read 35 to 40 books a year like I did this year that i will get all my books read in about 15 years lol