Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Kobo Aura H2O

is this a good upgrade to the Aura Edition 2? I have my Aura but want the night glow light or what ever it is called and a bit larger screen so I ordered the H2O one from Walmart. I was tempted on the Forma but they sold out again
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:28 PM   #2
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
is this a good upgrade to the Aura Edition 2? I have my Aura but want the night glow light or what ever it is called and a bit larger screen so I ordered the H2O one from Walmart. I was tempted on the Forma but they sold out again
I got my H2O2 two days ago, and already love it. I was very happy with my Clara HD, especially its lightness and compactness, but the extra screen size on the H2O2 is great. The "comfort light" is wonderful for reading at night, and for me, it's a great value device, more so than the Forma.
Advert
Old 11-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I got my H2O2 two days ago, and already love it. I was very happy with my Clara HD, especially its lightness and compactness, but the extra screen size on the H2O2 is great. The "comfort light" is wonderful for reading at night, and for me, it's a great value device, more so than the Forma.
I was going to get the clara hd but I really needed a tad bigger screen
Old 11-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
I was going to get the clara hd but I really needed a tad bigger screen
What surprised me most about the H2O2 was that I expected going from 6 to 6.8 would indeed be just "a tad" bigger. But the gain in screen real estate seemed bigger than the number suggested. Certainly a good value proposition when KIndle asks much more for its Oasis, only fractionally bigger again
Old 11-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
What surprised me most about the H2O2 was that I expected going from 6 to 6.8 would indeed be just "a tad" bigger. But the gain in screen real estate seemed bigger than the number suggested. Certainly a good value proposition when KIndle asks much more for its Oasis, only fractionally bigger again
for me it's definitely the pick of the present Kobo bunch. i did like the Original H2O with the external micro SD card slot dropping it from the newer ereaders was a retro/downgrade step imho.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #6
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
for me it's definitely the pick of the present Kobo bunch. i did like the Original H2O with the external micro SD card slot dropping it from the newer ereaders was a retro/downgrade step imho.

best wishes koboy
Keeping an SD card would've been great, but I don't read manga and loathe audiobooks, so 6.5GB effective storage is still a lot of books to get through
Old 11-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #7
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Keeping an SD card would've been great, but I don't read manga and loathe audiobooks, so 6.5GB effective storage is still a lot of books to get through
which do you prefer the yellow Comfort light on the Clara HD or the orange one on the H2O2? or don't you have a preference?

best wishes koboy
Old 11-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #8
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
which do you prefer the yellow Comfort light on the Clara HD or the orange one on the H2O2? or don't you have a preference?

best wishes koboy
I don't mind either, but I think the H2O2's seems a little less "artificial", for want of a better word
Old 11-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #9
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
I don't mind either, but I think the H2O2's seems a little less "artificial", for want of a better word
ok thanks i'd prefer the orange on the H2O2 from the videos/photos i've seen.

best wishes koboy
Old 11-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #10
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Yes, it doesn't SEEM like it should make much of a difference, but it sure FEELS like it's a much bigger difference of screen size when you try to go back to a 6".
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:23 PM   #11
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Yes, it doesn't SEEM like it should make much of a difference, but it sure FEELS like it's a much bigger difference of screen size when you try to go back to a 6".
Exactly! My wife has a Paperwhite 3rd gen, and she was amazed that the Clara's screen is exactly the same size despite being much smaller and lighter. But wen I got my H2O2, she was stunned by the difference, so now I have to save up for another!
Old 11-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
I just picked it up today and I am amazed on how 0.8 makes a difference. To be honest it has the illusion of being larger than my Oasis. I love the orange comfort light. I just now need to get a good case for it
Old 11-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #13
HLS
Wizard

Oh man. I see white "spots" in the background. Have no idea how that happens. Its not back lit
Old 11-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #14
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Oh man. I see white "spots" in the background. Have no idea how that happens. Its not back lit
Can you share a photo? I've just been closely examining mine after reading your post, I can't see anything at all. If it's bad, you should be able to get a replacement.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #15
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Can you share a photo? I've just been closely examining mine after reading your post, I can't see anything at all. If it's bad, you should be able to get a replacement.
I did not see it in natural light but only once indoors. its too dark to take a photo but its a white glowing spot. What sucks is my fire 10" has it also I may just live with it for I am so tired of returning ereaders Ughhh