Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #31
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh sheesh. i'm eating soupe right now. it's lucky for you i didn't choke to death, or the seagulls wouldn't be the only ones with stuff weighing on their conscience.
Well, my work is done here!

everyone have a great weekend! lift one for me at both meet-ups!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Just to show you how evil pigeons are, when I askated afor pictures of pigeons, THIS turned up:

Now, try to tell me they're just harmless flying rats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
What does ABBA have to do with pigeons?
Quote:
Umm... They're both evil?

Or was that a rhetorical question?
i'm convinced.

Quote:
'Course, this came up, too.

Wonder what ever happened to TInMouse?
i've been wondering that myself !!
Quote:
Well, my work is done here!

everyone have a great weekend! lift one for me at both meet-ups!
pffff. we will, but the toast might be a bit different than you're expecting !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #33
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Last night I got to listen to the coyotes howl. There appear to be two colonies of them -- one north of the house and one to the south. Some nights you can hear they howl and yip -- first one group and then the other. You might imagine a conversation like:
N: Hey! Long time no see. How is everyone?
S: Great. Mable's kids have gotten so big. And your family?
N: We're good. Got a couple of cats last week, so we had a big feast.
S: Sounds like fun. We could use some more cats around here.

... and so forth.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #34
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Ricky should convince the mountain lions to start hunting squirrels.
Heck no .... I'm going to convince the lot of them to move to Paris and hunt SHUMS!!

I kind of like the squirrels.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Heck no .... I'm going to convince the lot of them to move to Paris and hunt SHUMS!!

I kind of like the squirrels.
you are a good woman, Ricky Maveety. (i like the squirrels too.)
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #36
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

There was a photo of a fairly typical mountain lion I found on the internet today. This is NOT one of "our" lions, but I would say it's about the same size as the ones in our neighborhood.

Just thought I'd share it with you all. This is the time of year when they start hanging around the houses more.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #37
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
There was a photo of a fairly typical mountain lion I found on the internet today. This is NOT one of "our" lions, but I would say it's about the same size as the ones in our neighborhood.

Just thought I'd share it with you all. This is the time of year when they start hanging around the houses more.

Stupid photo wouldn't post!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mountainlion.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	20049  
Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #38
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Will you be adopting the poor cold and hungry little things??
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #39
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Will you be adopting the poor cold and hungry little things??
Well, I would if I thought they'd BEHAVE themselves!!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #40
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Well, I would if I thought they'd BEHAVE themselves!!
Maybe a snap on the nose with a rolled up newspaper would do the trick? Or a spritz of water?

Or it might just make them maaad...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #41
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
It's a Nittany Lion!!!!!!!

Sorry went to Penn State...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
It's a Nittany Lion!!!!!!!

Sorry went to Penn State...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #43
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

Mascot for THE MOST AMAZING COLLEGE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

heh, I have issues.

Oh it's a mountain lion. They used to live on the nearby Mount Nittany. Hence Nittany Lion.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #44
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Quote:

Ah, the joys of living in the country.
I had to stop and think of the wildlife that has been in our backyard over the past year. Fox, Bobcat, Coyote, Mountain Lion, Wild Turkeys, Turkey Vultures, Merlins, Jack Rabbits, Skunks, Deer, Rattlesnake, Tarantulas, and oh yes squirrels.

Our neighbor calls this area an entomologists dream.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Mascot for THE MOST AMAZING COLLEGE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

heh, I have issues.

Oh it's a mountain lion. They used to live on the nearby Mount Nittany. Hence Nittany Lion.
ooooh, MOUNT Nittany ! i was going to reply and say "what's a nittany ???"
Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
I had to stop and think of the wildlife that has been in our backyard over the past year. Fox, Bobcat, Coyote, Mountain Lion, Wild Turkeys, Turkey Vultures, Merlins, Jack Rabbits, Skunks, Deer, Rattlesnake, Tarantulas, and oh yes squirrels.

Our neighbor calls this area an entomologists dream.
where exactly do you live (so i can stay the hell away from there) ???

(and also : you've got wizards ("merlins") running around your yard ? any other mythical creatures ? )