Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
genome2k
Enthusiast
genome2k began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ILIAD
My questions about iLiad

Hey guys I have just got my iLiad and I am new to this kind of device.

I have read the manuals and a lot of posts but I still have 2 questions, hoping someone has the answers here

(1) is there a way to uninstall a third party software from iLiad's native system? And there should be a way to "Restoring Factory Status", which makes the the system discard all user settings and the files that has been modified in the iLiad's system. The reader returns to its naive status/settings.

But the manual says the RESET button only shuts down the device, and there is not a "Restoring Factory Status" option in iLiad's settings.

So how do we uninstall the software we do not want any more?

(2) I learnt from my home work iLiad is actually running on a LINUX system. This should give ILIAD some file management capabilities. Is there any 3rd party program that functions like "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer", that can perform functions like creating a new folder, renaming a folder(iLIAD can only rename a file, not a folder), and COPY CUT PASTE for files (for instance moving files from the CF to SD card)?
genome2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Hey genome2k, welcome to MobileRead! I recommend to read Things you can do with your iLiad.

(1) Some software comes with uninstallers shipped, but for some you have to delete the files manually. For restoring factory defaults have a look at How to unbrick (reflash, restore, etc) your iLiad.

(2) You might give emelFM2 a try, it's a file management tool.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
genome2k
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
Hey genome2k, welcome to MobileRead! I recommend to read Things you can do with your iLiad.

(1) Some software comes with uninstallers shipped, but for some you have to delete the files manually. For restoring factory defaults have a look at How to unbrick (reflash, restore, etc) your iLiad.

(2) You might give emelFM2 a try, it's a file management tool.

Thanks Thomas thats very informative. I will follow on your leads
Old 09-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Most of your file management needs can be satisfied by hooking up your iLiad to your computer via USB. I usually prepare my books before putting them on my iLiad.

This is a great utility that I use: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10348
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
genome2k
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
Most of your file management needs can be satisfied by hooking up your iLiad to your computer via USB. I usually prepare my books before putting them on my iLiad.

This is a great utility that I use: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10348
Terrific! THANKS CleverClothe
Advert