Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 03:42 AM   #1
Almond nut
Almond nut began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Hd
Frozen Glo Hd Issue

Hello all.
I recently brought out of storage my new Kobo Glo Hd and bought a new case for it. The case didn't have a magnet, so I custom made my own by taping a small flat fridge magnet to the inside cover of the case and closed the case where the magnet sits gently against a corner of the screen and the Glo snoozes.
I left it snoozing like that for about 48 hours and when I opened the case, it didn't awake. I pushed the power button and a red led flashed and the screen lit up, but didn't respond to any tapping or sliding.
The reset button being pushed by a paper clip didn't make a difference.
Now the screen looks like an alien planet.
I didn't know this forum existed and so while it was connected to the USB port of my PC, I stupidly formatted the card, thinking that Adobe Digital Editions would somehow fix the card and all would be great again.
Well that didn't happen.
Now the PC will quickly beep to acknowledge the Glo is plugged in and then quickly beep as if to say that it is now unplugged.
This is all it does now. It won't stay connected long enough and my question is am I S.O.L with a bricked Glo or do I need to let the battery die so the screen becomes blank again after recharging the device and would I be able to get another .img to load after repartioning the card and restore life to this Glo again?
Thanks for any feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	155487  
Almond nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:01 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Thanks for posting the photo - it helps a lot. It is physical damage: the glass substrate of the screen is broken. There is no point mucking about with batteries and images. Sorry.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2017, 04:44 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Sorry, but you are S.O.L. because the glass substrate is broken.

It's cheaper to buy a new ebook.

The one you have you can sell for parts, if even that.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:18 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It cracked in the lower right corner (where the curved / crack lines meet) looks like something hit it / pressed on it there...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote