Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #16
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Doesn't work on my KA1 with kfmon and koreader.
Perhaps I'm missing something.
Could you please write a step-by-step?
Thx in advance.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:26 AM   #17
jasio
jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.jasio shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (KOReader), Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Could you please write a step-by-step?
I'll try.

There are many ways to copy and edit files on your Kobo. My preference is to enable the SSH server.

Download the latest KoboRoot.tgz from wallabako's gitlab and extract the wallabako executable from it. Copy it to /mnt/onboard on your device.

Edit your config file with Wallabag details from the model below and copy it to /etc/wallabako.js on the Kobo.
Code:
{
  "WallabagURL": "https://app.wallabag.it",
  "ClientId": "your client id",
  "ClientSecret": "your client secret",
  "UserName": "your user name",
  "UserPassword": "your super password goes here"
}
Create the file /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/wb with the content below, changing the output directory to where you want the Wallabag documents to be downloaded to. Make sure it exists.
Code:
SSL_CERT_FILE=/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/common/turbo/ca-certificates.crt /mnt/onboard/wallabako -output "/mnt/onboard/Documents/Wallabag" -delete
That's it for the setup. If you are using SSH, you can try running the script directly to make sure it works.

To run wallabako from within KOReader, in the menu select the tools panel, then More plugins and Terminal emulator. Type the following command and Execute it.
Code:
ash wb
The terminal emulator remembers the last command executed so until you reboot, you don't have to re-type it. It is not as convenient as a menu entry but it's not too bad.

That's it really. I hope it works.
jasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2018, 06:42 AM   #18
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1

I'll try again.
Good luck.

EDIT: It works!

Last edited by jcn363; 10-06-2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: It works
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #19
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say I have done some minor improvements on Wallabako since I was here the last time. We're now at the 1.3.1 release, which has preliminary support for status changes in Plato, with Koreader hopefully coming next. You can see the releases here:

https://gitlab.com/anarcat/wallabako/-/tags

You can subscribe to the RSS feed here:

https://gitlab.com/anarcat/wallabako/-/tags?format=atom

And the full changelog is here:

https://gitlab.com/anarcat/wallabako...r/CHANGELOG.md
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:49 AM   #20
rebpdx
rebpdx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I recently got a Kobo reader and started using Wallabako today because I couldn't figure out how to get KOReader to work with my custom SSL cert. I don't see documentation matching my use case. Here's some info about what I did in case someone else has a local wallabag server running with HTTPS on a localhost cert and a router that doesn't support local DNS.

Custom Cert not publically signed:

Since I rolled my own certs and have them installed on my other devices I needed to supply that for Wallabako to work. I found in the golang source that there are a few places it looks for the custom .pem files. x509/root_linux.go

Similar to how the Wallabako docs mention you can copy your custom cert.pem file to /etc/ssl/certs right next to the .crt file that's copied in there for publically signed certs.

Local DNS without Router Support:

Normally I'd set my DNS settings on the computer but for some reason, the /etc/resolve.conf didn't work for me. But I was able to kind of fake it with /etc/hosts file similar to how the other thread on here redirects google analytics to localhost.

Code:
129.168.123.10 wallabag.server.lan
rebpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2021, 02:14 AM   #21
rebpdx
rebpdx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Update from my previous post, KOReader's Wallabag addon now works after the changes I did for Wallabako so looks like it applies for both.
rebpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:44 PM   #22
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
How could I have a free hosting server for eallabag?
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, plugin, synchronization, wallabag