Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-31-2017, 05:59 AM   #16
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur
Mr.Samuel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3, kindle oasis 2
My Kindle was bricked when I'm try to remove the logging function. I have found that there is some words of the title of the characters that I was reading in the syslog.
It was successful theoretically but I did one more step further in modify the "f_log" part of the /etc/upstart/functions file. I know that is my fault, and I do not want to bother Amazon to change for a new one. I have asked them to change twice. My current kindle is a perfect one according to the standard of many kindlers, and God knows what kind of Kindle they may change for me. So I have to serial debrick my Kindle. During the Chinese Spring Festival, the postman are on a vacation. So I have to bear with the days without Kindle and wait for about 6 days or so to debrick my Kindle with the association of the Instrumental Office of my company. Besides, it makes me more difficult to do the web-search.

---------

Now hark back to the subject
I thought of the "Blue light proof glasses" when I saw the title.
I think that if the material in the membrane of the glasses are used on the Kindle's screen protector, it may also have the function of blocking the UV and the violet and ultra violet range of light.
But I think it will only block the blue end of spectrum of the frontlight.
Mr.Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:48 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Samuel View Post
- - - - -
Now hark back to the subject
I thought of the "Blue light proof glasses" when I saw the title.
I think that if the material in the membrane of the glasses are used on the Kindle's screen protector, it may also have the function of blocking the UV and the violet and ultra violet range of light.
But I think it will only block the blue end of spectrum of the frontlight.
That is indeed the intent.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2017, 11:01 AM   #18
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
Available for Kindle to filter blue light but not photochromatic: https://www.amazon.de/PROTOMAX-Displ.../dp/B00VO7ZLUW
I don't own one and can't tell how good they are.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:44 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post
Available for Kindle to filter blue light but not photochromatic: https://www.amazon.de/PROTOMAX-Displayschutzfolie-Blaulichtfilter-Bildschirmschutz-Anti-Blaulicht-Schutzfolie-PROEYE/dp/B00VO7ZLUW
Interesting.

But I am on a different continent, they can have all of the business on theirs.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:23 AM   #20
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur

I will search for this kind of protector at a reasonable price. What Yourcat recommends is too expensive.

And I can not speak German.
Advert
Old 02-01-2017, 08:32 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post
Available for Kindle to filter blue light but not photochromatic: https://www.amazon.de/PROTOMAX-Displ.../dp/B00VO7ZLUW
Terrible from the photos. Removing all blue light gives a coloring that's hard deal with. See the following photo to see what the screen will look like with no blue at all.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Terrible from the photos. Removing all blue light gives a coloring that's hard deal with. See the following photo to see what the screen will look like with no blue at all.
That isn't a representative photo, it is a heavily Photoshop'd marketing image.
Open it with your favorite image editor, you can see a lot of what was done to it.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That isn't a representative photo, it is a heavily Photoshop'd marketing image.
Open it with your favorite image editor, you can see a lot of what was done to it.
So if you remove the blue light, what will the screen look like with the light on?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
So if you remove the blue light, what will the screen look like with the light on?
Why would you care?
You don't even own a Kindle.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:13 PM   #25
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur

Quote:
Just the all-yellow color like the books printed thousand years before.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:19 PM   #26
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur

I have found a anti-bluelight screen protector here:

http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/deta...d=528842866447

It is intended to use on an iPad5/air. But it can also use on Kindle after cutting.
It's color is similiar to my current Kindle from the picture.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #27
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Samuel View Post
I have found a anti-bluelight screen protector here:

http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/deta...d=528842866447

It is intended to use on an iPad5/air. But it can also use on Kindle after cutting.
It's color is similiar to my current Kindle from the picture.
some others:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Scre...d-001831e089d3

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Anti...d-001831e089d3
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #28
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Interesting.

But I am on a different continent, they can have all of the business on theirs.
here: http://amzn.to/2ksSejU
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:07 PM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Read the comments.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #30
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur

2) The shield also has a shiny (not matte) finish. This creates glare when reading during the daytime ... even indoors. But, the kindle is still readable ... just be sure the sun isn't behind you if you're outside.

That's why this kind of protector is not suitable for reading in daytime