Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Open Road Media Kindle Freebies

Open Road Media has a huge list of freebies on the Amazon site.

Here's the list, sorted by price, low to high:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank

Merry early Christmas!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:15 PM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Open Road Media has a huge list of freebies on the Amazon site.

Here's the list, sorted by price, low to high:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank

Merry early Christmas!
Gr8 find! Karma coming!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #3
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Some great titles. Thanks much!
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:47 PM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you haven't checked out this sale, drop everything that you're doing--now!

There are several hundred titles in this sale that are absolutely free. The majority of the titles are non-fiction. I am at a loss to explain this sudden, unprecedented (in my 10 years or so experience buying Kindle ebooks) largesse on the part of Open Road Media.

There are various subgenres represented. If you don't see one that you expect, make sure that the subject menu on the far lefthand side is fully maximized.

Careful--the search is low to high, so the prices can change from free to not free from one ebook to the next. In one case, an ebook was $0.00, and the next one was $6.19. Yes, Amazon (probably) will refund your money, but if you accumulate what they deem as too many refund requests, they make you call a "customer service" telephone number to get one or more of the last ones approved. And that's a hassle.

Open Road Media is not a publisher that participates much in the Whispersync deal program, and there are a relatively small number of the free books, at least, that offer Audible narration for a reduced price. But there are a handful of outstanding deals, anyway. I hope that I have time to look at that more closely tonight but, if not, at least I've got the portion of the deal (the ebook one) that fluctuates far more commonly already locked in, so that I can pick up the audio later as the Whispersync companion.

If this ends up being a pricing mistake, they can't take away from us the books that we've already "purchased," can they? Does anyone know?

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-16-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well, they cannot take them away from me as I'm downloading them now.

I've downloaded 517 SF/Fantasy eBooks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-16-2016 at 07:29 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2016, 01:47 AM   #6
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
There are at least 2500 books of all categories available for free, and I already owned about 150 of the SF/fantasy. I'm not sure when Calibre will finish downloading all of the book descriptions for me, but it's probably going to take hours to verify them all.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
There are at least 2500 books of all categories available for free, and I already owned about 150 of the SF/fantasy. I'm not sure when Calibre will finish downloading all of the book descriptions for me, but it's probably going to take hours to verify them all.
Unless this is some kind of pricing glitch, it looks like Open Road would have trumpeted this sale, instead of letting customers stumble upon it or learn about it from some other source.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:30 AM   #8
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Unless this is some kind of pricing glitch, it looks like Open Road would have trumpeted this sale, instead of letting customers stumble upon it or learn about it from some other source.
That's what I thought also, but this facebook page by an Open Road Media digital marketer makes me wonder if it's only being publicized on facebook, or if there will be an announcement in an email in the next day or so.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #9
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
If you haven't checked out this sale, drop everything that you're doing--now!

There are several hundred titles in this sale that are absolutely free. The majority of the titles are non-fiction.
If you use this link and the filters on the left side of the page, you'll find that there are thousands of titles that are fiction (SF/Fantasy, Mystery, Horror, Classic Lit, etc.)

Also, when you find a book/author you want, I suggest going to that specific page instead of using 1-Click. Often you'll see other related titles listed (i.e. "Customers Also Bought") that either you or the search may have missed.

My TBR pile just grew by several hundred.

Last edited by BetterRead; 12-17-2016 at 12:24 PM.
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
If you use this link and the filters on the left side of the page, you'll find that there are thousands of titles that are fiction (SF/Fantasy, Mystery, Horror, Classic Lit, etc.)

Also, when you find a book/author you want, I suggest going to that specific page instead of using 1-Click. Often you'll see other related titles listed (i.e. "Customers Also Bought") that either you or the search may have missed.

My TBR pile just grew by several hundred.

We're supposed to read them???!!!!

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:00 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
We're supposed to read them???!!!!

I think the read by date is 2116.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:30 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Almost 500....I'm crazy! Some really good authors in there, though, can't resist!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:47 PM   #13
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Holy smokes. I've got about 50 Amazon tabs open as I go through these by subgenres... I've no idea how many I've already grabbed and I've only just started. Merry Christmas, indeed!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #14
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I think the read by date is 2116.
I'll be sure to leave instructions in my will for my great-great-great-great grandchildren to be sure to read them before they expire. ha
Old 12-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #15
Brendan Moody
Groupie
Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Fire HD 8.9 4G LTE, LG Ultimate 2
I finally stopped at 277. It would be higher if I didn't already own a bunch of the included titles.
Brendan Moody is offline   Reply With Quote