Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #1
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Question for InkBook Onyx users

Slightly off topic.

Howdy. I was just given one of these to play with. Can anyone explain the process of installing Moon+Reader and Calibre Companion on it. I found the demo versions in the store, but not the full version.

I have purchased both from Google Play is that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Last edited by kaufman; 10-20-2015 at 04:24 PM.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sorry, I have an Energy Systems version of the device that comes with the Google Play store. I haven't been able to find a set of instructions for rooting an InkBook and installing Play.

FWIW: I think that Artatech is making a large mistake by not including the Play store. They are making their own little walled garden, but such a small one.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the info.

Oh well, at least it didn't cost me anything.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:00 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Slightly off topic.

Howdy. I was just given one of these to play with. Can anyone explain the process of installing Moon+Reader and Calibre Companion on it. I found the demo versions in the store, but not the full version.

I have purchased both from Google Play is that makes a difference.

Thanks.
You can flash the Energy Systems firmware on your device. You will get google play and calibre companion on it easily. I did the same with my Boyue T62+. You can find how from Android Developers Forum

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:11 AM   #5
maravic
maravic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
You can also install amazon appstore. Unfortunately I suppose that transfer of licenses is not allowed, so you will have to buy the apps once again.
maravic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You can flash the Energy Systems firmware on your device. You will get google play and calibre companion on it easily. I did the same with my Boyue T62+. You can find how from Android Developers Forum

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
Apparently the InkBook is a T61D, not a T62+. I wouldn't want to be the first person to try flashing one with the Energy Systems rom.

Instructions for rooting and putting the play store on a T61D are here.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote