Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
amyk0202
amyk0202 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Fire 7
Help with Cool Reader & Koreader

I recently bought a Kobo Aura since my beloved Pocktbook 360+ is finally dying. I keep all of my books on an sd card organized by genre, then by author. I was not able to get the Kobo Nickel system to work for me at all since I do carry so many books with me all the time. I just followed the advice I found here & renamed my library .Books to keep the Kobo system out entirely.

I found & followed the guides to load alternative readers onto the Aura. I have now tried the Koreader & the Cool Reader & I'm leaning towards the Cool Reader simply because I was able to easily map the touch screen. I was hoping someone could help me with the Cool Reader fonts. I would like the dictionary font to be smaller. It's so big that when I look up a word, I have to keep scrolling down to read the definition.

Also, I would like to change the font in the book I am reading. I went to settings & changed it there, but it didn't change. I turned the reader off & back on & got the message "Error while opening the document". I went back to the menu & opened the file from there & then the font was correct. The next time I opened the book, it was back to the incorrect font. The settings still show my selected font. How do I get it to keep the font I select & how do I get rid of that error message?

For the Koreader, I found the option in the defaults.lua to change the customizable tap zones, but honestly, that chart means nothing to me. I just want the bottom of the whole screen to page forward, the top left to page back, the middle top to give me the menu (unchanged), and the top right to go forward 10 pages.

Right now the settings are this:

-- customizable tap zones(rectangles)
-- x: x coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen width
-- y: y coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen height
-- w: width of tap zone in proportion of screen width
-- h: height of tap zone in proportion of screen height
DTAP_ZONE_MENU = {x = 1/8, y = 0, w = 3/4, h = 1/4}
DTAP_ZONE_CONFIG = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 0, h = 0}
DTAP_ZONE_MINIBAR = {x = 0, y = 15/16, w = 1, h = 1/16}
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {x = 1/4, y = 0, w = 3/4, h = 1}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/4, h = 1}
DTAP_ZONE_BOOKMARK = {x = 7/8, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_FLIPPING = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_NEXT_CHAPTER = {x = 6/8, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_PREV_CHAPTER = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}

What do I do with that?

Thanks!
amyk0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved the the dev forum, where such posts belong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
For Cool Reader on the Kobo, to change the font size of the dictionary widget you just need to amend the eink.qss file in the vlasovsoft folder by adding something like:

DictionaryWidget {
font-size: 10pt;
}

You can amend the eink.qss file for various other elements as well, see the English forum on forum.vlasovsoft.net for some guidance, if you have not found it already.

As for the font in the book – under Settings/Window untick the options for Internal Styles and Embedded Fonts, if you have not done so, and see if that works for you.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote