Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #91
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetommyboy2k View Post
One thing I have yet to see B&N, Amazon, Kobo and so many other eReader companies do something about it is something that Sony hit the nail on the head about... checking out a library eBook through Overdrive ON THE EREADER. I worked for a library for almost five years, and as such, I helped a lot of patrons learn to use their eReaders. On the Nook, Kobo and most all others that aren't Kindle's, you have to plug it into a PC, and use Adobe Digital Editions, which can be a royal pain at times. For a lot of patrons, especially middle aged to older, it was too complex and even I thought, just to check out a library eBook, it bordered on convoluted. Amazon got close to making checking out library eBooks more seamless, but you still have to login to send it to your Kindle. As to what Sony did to get it right?

On their Reader (T1 and T2), they had a Public Library app (think of it as an Overdrive app). You could check out your library eBook on the device and it would open. No need to plug it into a PC! Sony nailed this! It's sad Sony pulled out of the market, but I have often thought of trying to pick up a T1 or T2 if someone had one used they would part with. B&N, Kobo, and even the mighty Amazon still hasn't implemented anything like this on their eReaders. If any of them did, that would be my eReader of choice. I would love for B&N to do it! I know there are people who will say one of the following things... root the Glowlight, buy a tablet and use the Overdrive app, just deal with Adobe Digital Editions or Amazon's way of checking out eBooks. Here's my thing though... make it as seamless and easy for people as possible. Sony did, why can't the others?
Actually, using the integrated "experimental" browser on my Kindle, I can checkout library ebooks from my (U.S.) OverDrive library, and download them directly to my Kindle... without ever going near the computer.

But I will admit using that browser is pretty awkward, there is a reason it is experimental.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #92
iluvgadgets
Connoisseur
iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle paperwhite
There is a new nook glowlight plus out now !!
iluvgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2015, 10:04 PM   #93
FerociousNOOK
FerociousNOOK began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST Glowlight
Thumbs down

You are so right... Good laugh... Made my night. Never say never, biatch!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
LOL! That was a good laugh. Made my day. Will there ever be a new Nook? No.
FerociousNOOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eink, ereader, nook