Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #31
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
And another tip. A few days ago Forkosigan from PocketBook published a small 'Service Firmware' on the German forum.

This firmware update can be installed on top of 5.5 only. It calibrates the touchscreen, and is supposed to solve all touchscreen problems.

As this firmware update was published on April 1st I was not sure if I should take this seriously. Solve 'all' problems??? But the feedback on the German forum suggests that it does work.

I had some problems with the responsiveness of my touchscreen, and so decided to give this a try. I can't say yet if this update solves all my problems - I just installed it.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:47 PM   #32
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, 5.7 is out; it is available on the Russian support site, and 'Open With' is there. But the only options you get for an ePub are Adobe Reader and FBReader. So it does not use extensions.cfg. Bit of a disappointment.

'Open with' is available in the long-tap menu. A short tap still opens the book with the app set as the first in extensions.cfg, so the epubinfo route is still open.

Last edited by Zetmolm; 04-17-2015 at 03:25 AM.
Advert
Old 04-17-2015, 03:57 AM   #33
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
It seems like the update is available only on the Russian version. I'll wait for the OTA update.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:41 AM   #34
Zetmolm
Guru

All languages are available in this 'Russian' version. There are not that many differences between the Russian and the rest-of-the-world versions. Perhaps only the bookstore - which I don't use anyway.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:34 AM   #35
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Well, 5.7 is out; it is available on the Russian support site, and 'Open With' is there. But the only options you get for an ePub are Adobe Reader and FBReader. So it does not use extensions.cfg. Bit of a disappointment.

'Open with' is available in the long-tap menu. A short tap still opens the book with the app set as the first in extensions.cfg, so the epubinfo route is still open.
Zetmolm: thanks for the info!

This look very promising!
Kinda "If it bleeds we can kill it" (Quote: Arnie) feeling...

Google translated v5.7 changelog:

Release
Software Version 5.7
Russian Localization
Developer Obreey Products
Release
PocketBook 626
Software Version 5.7

Implemented:

Shop
1. The possibility of watching free fragment of the book.

Library
1. Added the ability to work with a network directory (OPDS).
2. Added the ability to open files to EPUB format two types readers.

Readers
1. Increased speed of screen updates when you turn the page in the format
pdf and fb2.
2. Added functionality of a full-screen reading mode separately for pdf / djvu
and text formats.

Browser:
1. Improved performance of the application browser.

Settings:
1. Improved GUI application settings (added path to the various branches of the settings).
2. Changed the functionality of user profiles.

Other:
1. Updated file synchronization service interface (for service Dropbox, PocketBook Sync, SendToPocketbook).

Fixed:
1. Sometimes it is not properly carried out manually crop fields in the current country correct in book format djvu.
2. Other minor edits.
j0r13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2015, 10:02 AM   #36
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
All languages are available in this 'Russian' version. There are not that many differences between the Russian and the rest-of-the-world versions. Perhaps only the bookstore - which I don't use anyway.
Thanks. Updated.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #37
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hello,

an update of the firmware is available in the pocketboot russian site. http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...n_630_user.zip

Version : R626.5.7.435
Changelog : Fixed several minor bugs.

I will test and come back to you asap.

Druss
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #38
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
Do you think it is time to upgrade my PB626 to firmware v5.5 or v5.7?
I primarily use coolreader3. Is brucelee's version of cr3 stable in fw v5.7?

Thank you brucelee for your great work!
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #39
brucelee
Addict

You're welcome.
I'm using FW5.7 since it was announced in this thread and I had no problem with CoolReader.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #40
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
I have been using fw v5.7 since a couple days now. It works fine. I like the the new homepage better than the old one. It is tidier. My only issue was when I installed Brucelee's cr3, it did not show up in the open with context menu. For an epub it would only display adobereader and fbreader, though in extensions.cfg I had cr3 (and also fileinfo). Removing all other apps from the cfg entry enabled cr3. pbterm works just fine on fw 5.7. My only only further comment on fw 5.7: There sure are a lot of typos in the English manual.
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:27 AM   #41
brucelee
Addict

The open with menu is limited to fbreader and adobe.
If you want to use another app to open your books you have to set it as the first one in extensions.cfg.
Example:
Quote:
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICON_EPUB
Here's the recommended FW5 extensions.cfg for coolreader: github.com

Last edited by brucelee; 05-21-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #42
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Good evening,

a new version is available on the Russian site.

Version : R626.5.7.515
Changelog : Fixed several minor bugs.

http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...n_630_user.zip

Tschüss
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:25 AM   #43
brucelee
Addict

The world version is there too but a slightly lower version: W626.5.7.511
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...n_630_user.zip
Old 05-22-2015, 05:11 AM   #44
Telev
Telev began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, PocketBook 626
No ODPS catalog in this firmware :'(
Telev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #45
ingmar
Connoisseur
ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ingmar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Vision 4 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
The world version is there too but a slightly lower version
What's the difference, exactly? I am running the "Russian" version (in English, of course) without a hitch.
ingmar is offline   Reply With Quote