Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Using Calibre svg cover wrapper for full-page images

Hi

The Calibre-cover svg wrapper is handy to use. I plan to use it too for other full-page images. I imagine all I would have to do would be:
1. - create an empty xhtml file where to insert the image
2. - paste the standard Calibre code within
3. - adapt it to the concerned image (src, dimensions, ViewBox...)

For the second part, I do not know how I should adapt this small part:
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>
        <meta name="calibre:cover" content="true"/>
        <title>Cover</title>
I could probably keep the first line. What would be advisable to write for the second and third lines? Are they useful for my purpose?

Last edited by roger64; 02-04-2015 at 08:50 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The second line is obviously not applicable and the first line is just fluff.

The third line is random filler -- EPUBs don't care what goes in the title tags.

And none of it really matters AFAIK.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2015, 02:47 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@eschwartz

I think I can cope with that
Old 02-05-2015, 03:20 AM   #4
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Or, we can use this snippet...

Code:
  <div>
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.1" width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 $1 $2" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet">
      <image width="$1" height="$2" xlink:href="${3:filename}"/>
    </svg>
  </div>$4
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:54 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
Or, we can use this snippet...
Up to now, I have a longer text because I wish get a full page display and use a separate page. So this is what I use today.

But of course, a python script would be most welcome...
I wonder how we could use the export function of Reports/images for this purpose.
Spoiler:

VERSION EPUB2

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="fr">
<head>
<title>Image_pleine_page</title>
<style type="text/css" title="override_css">
@page {padding: 0pt; margin:0pt}
body { text-align: center; padding:0pt; margin: 0pt; }
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div>
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.1" width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 792 1186" preserveAspectRatio="none">
<image width="792" height="1186" xlink:href="cover.jpeg"/>
</svg>
</div>
</body>
</html>

VERSION EPUB3 (trial?)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<html xml:lang="fr" lang="fr" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:epub="http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops">
<head>
<title>Image_pleine_page</title>
<style type="text/css" title="override_css">
@page {padding: 0pt; margin:0pt}
body { text-align: center; padding:0pt; margin: 0pt; }
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div>
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.1" width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 792 1186" preserveAspectRatio="none">
<image width="792" height="1186" xlink:href="cover.jpeg"/>
</svg>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Last edited by roger64; 02-05-2015 at 06:03 AM.
Advert
Old 02-05-2015, 06:36 AM   #6
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
But of course, a python script would be most welcome...
Well yes...
But I do not mean a python script, but the snippets of Calibre's editor, that can be used in an existing or a new html, as you would like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snippet.png
Views:	410
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	134531  
Old 02-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #7
roger64
Wizard

Thanks for the snippet.

The csv export format from "Reports" has the values $1, $2 and $3 for all the image files. so I thought something could probably be done to automatize it. Just letting the idea float...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Images.csv.zip (473 Bytes, 206 views)
Old 02-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #8
jbacelar
Interested in the matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
The csv export format from "Reports" has the values $1, $2 and $3 for all the image files. so I thought something could probably be done to automatize it. Just letting the idea float...

Sorry.
I thought this thread was to facilitate insertion of a svg wrapper with Calibre editor.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #9
roger64
Wizard

You're absolutely right... but when you see how easily you can do it for one picture, then, there is probably nothing wrong thinking about doing it for several "full-page images"....

Last edited by roger64; 02-05-2015 at 08:10 PM.