Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Christmas Songs

My top three Christmas songs:

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Father Christmas always a favorite of mine.

Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Love this clip of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin:

But I think my favorite Christmas songs are these:

Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)

My favorite Christmas song.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I have lots of Christmas songs I like.

My three absolute favorites are:
  • O Holy Night (bit I am very particular about it and it's difficult to find people who sing it right. I will say Martina McBride did a phenomenal a capella version of it in concert).
  • Do You Hear What I Hear
  • We Three Kings Of Orient Are

That said, one my favorite Christmas CDs is John Denver and the Muppets which features none of my favorite songs

I also love Carol of the Bells, but it now reminds me of the Noël episode of The West Wing whenever I hear it. Not that that's a bad thing.

Last edited by library addict; 12-18-2014 at 02:27 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

• O Holy Night (bit I am very particular about it and it's difficult to find people who sing it right. I will say Martina McBride did a phenomenal a capella version of it in concert).

That said, one my favorite Christmas CDs is John Denver and the Muppets which features none of my favorite songs

I also love Carol of the Bells, but it now reminds me of the Noël episode of The West Wing whenever I hear it. Not that that's a bad thing.
Here ya go Library Addict.

crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If whinny chipmunk voices bother you, then try this one

Old 12-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Poor Ozzy

Old 12-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
No Chipmunks. Jingle Cats!

Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
But I think my favorite Christmas songs are these:

>>>Frank Sinatra - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas <<<
Great song (and in my Top 5) but only this version:

Old 12-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #11
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Seth MacFarlane - Baby, It’s Cold Outside Ft. Sara Bareilles

Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #12
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4

Love the mix of generations.

So peaceful.

Just fun!

And Happy New Year everyone!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
NSFW, not really all that bad but, don't say I didn't warn you.

IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

O Holy Night is my favorite too! I am also particular because I sang that song years ago in a Christmas concert and know ever note and not many get it right. The Best version I have heard is by Josh Groban. The man has a voice of an Angel.

Let's see
Classics would be
  • O Holy Night
  • The First Noel
  • It's the most Wonderful Time of the year
  • Silver Bells
  • We Need A Little Christmas

Now some of my favorite contemporaries would be:

Tennessee Christmas by Alabama
This Gift by 98 Degrees
Let it Be Christmas by Alan Jackson (such a pretty song)
All I want for Christmas is You by LeeAnne Rhimes
All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey (They are two different songs)
Believe by Josh Groban
Christmas/ Sarajevo 12/24 [Instrumental] by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
This Christmas Time by Lonestar
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) Darlene Love
Please Come Home For Christmas by various artists I forget which version I like best.

My Most listen to Christmas albums:

Home For Christmas by Amy Grant
This Christmas Time by Lonestar
This Christmas by 98 Degrees
Merry Christmas by Mariah Carey
Noel by Josh Groban

These are the CDs that get put on repeat well now they are mp3 but you get the idea.

I have over 700 Christmas CDs now in the cloud. I love classics, I love new songs, I love pretty much anything about Christmas.

I think Noel by Josh Groban is one of the best Christmas CD I have come across in a long time.

Our family motto Christmas song is If We Make is Through December by Merle Haggard. Cry like a baby and never can sing along. Too many memories I guess. This year it's too real to listen to it.

Some really old Classics by the greats would be

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
White Christmas
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Mistletoe and Holly
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

The two Christmas songs I don't want to hear in a long time because I have heard it like 90 times by so many different artists this year it annoying and on Slacker Radio I banned the two songs. I want a hippopotamus for Christmas & Baby It's Cold outside. No more!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Great song (and in my Top 5) but only this version:
I want the Carpenters Christmas Album but it never goes on sale! I love Merry Christmas Darling they sing.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote