Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-21-2014, 02:48 AM   #1
Ebri
Groupie
Ebri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Corrupted Database: Maybe TimeZone issue?

It seems doing anything with the Calibre Touch driver enabled on my Kobo Aura HD results in database corruption after ejecting the device and Kobo reads the new books / detects removals.

Can it be caused by the time setting on the device? (It is set to GMT+1, thus on my windows the database time is one hour ahead of the time on the device, eg. if I eject the device at 13:00, the database time will be 13:00, which the device interprests as 14:00.)
Ebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't think that's the case. I'm at GMT+11 and do not see any problems. From memory, the only timestamps the driver sets in the database are for shelves. The only confusion that could cause is when you sync to the Kobo server.

The file timestamps of the books will also be different, but as far as I can tell, these are not used.

What you could do to test this is disable the driver for a few connections and use "Save to disk" to put the books on the device. Calibre won't display the books on the device, but, it will help to determine if the issue is calibre or something else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2014, 04:34 AM   #3
Ebri
Groupie
Ebri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura HD
Thank you, first I will disable shelves. (After recovering the database from a backup, it usually works, but with no shelves, so probably it is also some cause of trouble.)

(Question came to my mind because I just saw, that the time of the database went back by 1 hour.)
Ebri is offline   Reply With Quote