Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
PW1 not displaying fonts correctly

Hi there,

I usually read my books on my Paperwhite ( V1, initial release) . However, last night I had to use my iPad to continue reading for a bit, and noticed that the iPad app was display what must be embedded fonts.

The section of the story was including a snippet that was supposed to be from a newspaper and the font on screen changed to one that looked more like a typewriter. I took a photo:-

http://imgur.com/Asehoyx

It's a little hard to see in the picture, but the section at the bottom of the page is in a more newspaper-y font.

I then looked at the same section of the book on my PW and there was no change in font:-

http://imgur.com/0klCqNz

I would have expected the PW to include this custom formatting, it should give the best reading experience since it is a dedicated device.

(Now I look at the full-size images it doesn't actually look that different. Have I made a mistake here? It really did look different when reading on the actual device.)
Rob
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Just a thought--on the PW, do you have the font set to "Publisher Font" rather than one of the fonts pre-loaded on the PW?
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 04:43 AM   #3
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Well, I've never seen that option before.... Is that new? I've changed to Publisher Font and it looks better now. Thank you!

Do all books have a Publisher font? What font does the Kindle use if there is no Publisher Font defined?

Rob
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote