Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 02:25 AM   #1
sillius soddus
Professional whiner
sillius soddus began at the beginning.

Device: Dopod 838Pro/HTC TyTN/HTC Hermes
Greetings from Malaysia!

Well, I'm not exactly new... I joined many years ago, but like the prodigal son have decided to return. A little about myself, then...

I've been reading ebooks a long time ago, since before the first version of Microsoft Reader came out, and the net was littered with Project Gutenberg texts. But in my opinion the only way to read and properly enjoy an ebook is via a handheld device, and my first iPAQ h4150 was purchased actually with that in mind. I now hold my precious Dopod 838Pro, aka HTC TyTN.

I've been a huge fan of MSReader, but I'm terribly disappointed with their decision to stop working on it, and it's now giving me plenty of problems with my DRM'ed LIT files - I can't open them!

I'm finding the Mobipocket format a more than acceptable alternative, with the exception of the lack of free dictionary.

And I hate PDFs as ebooks on devices.

So my warmest hello, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys here!
sillius soddus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sillius soddus and welcome to the Forum. Lot of friendly advice and insight here.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings and welcome! Enjoy! This is a great place.
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
Hi.Which part,exactly ?
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello sillius soddus
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #6
sillius soddus
Professional whiner
sillius soddus began at the beginning.

Device: Dopod 838Pro/HTC TyTN/HTC Hermes
THanks for the hellos!

Lobolover, sorry, but what did you mean exactly? If you were asking where I'm from specifically, then it's KL.

Tor.com is giving away free ebooks at this time, and if you're a fantasy fan, the book on offer now is Daniel Abraham's A Shadow in Summer. I'm pretty sure it's posted here somewhere, but if it's not, check out tor.com now.
sillius soddus is offline   Reply With Quote