Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Just wanted to say...

Thanks to everyone who encodes books here at MobileRead. They are, consistently, the single best ebooks I ever come across as far as quality and usability (Feedbooks come in a close second!) even before the books actually from Amazon and other companies. You guys make reading a pleasure and I just wanted to say thanks. RWood and Patricia, in particular, I find I have a lot of your work here.. from Chekhov to William James.

Kudos! And Kudos again!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thank you Gideon; it is nice to know that someone likes the books.
I enjoy transcribing them, and having a less cluttered house: I give the paper copies to charity once I've converted the book.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I agree...I've enjoyed many books from this site
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
absolutely ; brilliant efforts. thank you to all (especially Patricia).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Absolutely concur. One day I asked Particia if she knew of a source where I could get 'Under Milk Wood' by Dylan Thomas as I looked all over for it. Cripes, before I could log off, she'd found and posted it. She is the eBook Goddess!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thank you Gideon. I echo Patricia's thoughts that it is nice to hear from those reading the books we post. A lot are done for our own enjoyment (and to clear some space from the overcrowded bookshelves around here.) Duplicates have been given away.

Thank you.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I enjoy transcribing them, and having a less cluttered house: I give the paper copies to charity once I've converted the book.
So you are converting paper books to ebooks? How pray tell do you do that. Would love to see a desicription of the process you use and tools.

I assume you don't type them in by hand and use some scanning/ocr technique.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Oh no. I just try and find an online version, convert it, check it, then dispose of my paper copy.
I have worked from the scans in The Internet Archive when I've been unable to find anything better. But they have a lot of problema and one can easily spend a whole day (or more) reinstating the missing italics, emdashes etc -- not to mention correcting the OCR errors.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Oh no. I just try and find an online version, convert it, check it, then dispose of my paper copy.
I wish I could find [freee] ebook versions of the books I have. Also most of them are still under copyright. I guess I could try to find them on the darknet and feel morrally ok that I already own it. But, that would be sort of giving approval to those copyright violators out there.

Alas, I am resorting to cataloging all the books I have in LibraryThing, packing them up in boxes and donating them to the county library system. Yes, I am keeping a few favorites. (We should add a librarything link to the Mobileread profile.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote