Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Can't download book

I just bought an epub book from the Kobo web site.

When I go to My Library, all the books I've previously purchased have "Adobe DRM" button next to them, where I can download the .acsm file for the book.

This new book doesn't have such a button. So how do I download it?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post

When I go to My Library, all the books I've previously purchased have "Adobe DRM" button next to them, where I can download the .acsm file for the book.

Either via Kobo desktop or directly to a Kobo device via WiFi.

However either of those options gets the book in what we call kepub format, kobo's variant of epub with their own DRM scheme.

Last edited by PeterT; 05-19-2014 at 09:43 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:

I’m having a similar discussion with Kobo at the moment, when I asked how to download the epub they suggested using the Desktop Reader. I’ve just asked them to either fix it or refund me so I can buy it elsewhere
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:

I had a similar situation with Kobo.

There are Kobo books that do not have epub format to download.

Before you buy the book, check if the book have preview option. If the book doesn't have a preview option, it most likely it doesn't have an epub format to download.

Due to the lack of epub option, I ended up getting a refund from Kobo and got the book at Google Play.

Last edited by RZetlin; 05-19-2014 at 12:01 PM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote